Morally clean, or mentally smart. Which one do you prefer?

The attributes are not mutually exclusive. Also, they are very broad stipulations. For example, there is a huge range of being “morally clean”. Maybe you didn’t speak up when a store clerk accidentally gave you too much change. That can be a trial when money is tight. Maybe you skipped washing your hands one time after you used the bathroom. Maybe you didn’t declare payment for work you did on an income tax form. Then there are the big ones - have you raped or killed anyone? Maybe you ran a car off the road when you were driving drunk, and you didn’t stop to share information with them. There can also be a wide variance on what people think is moral behavior. An atheist thinks he or she is behaving morally when he supports that cause, but to a staunch Christian he or she is very immoral.
I suppose that for the major issues I would rather be morally clean, but I would be willing to comprimize on the smaller issues if I had to do that to be morally clean.

1 Like

Surely there’s a difference between morally clean and morally absolutely-spotless… I would say not committing crimes and being generally nice to people counts as being “morally clean”.

2 Likes

Morally smart and mentally clean.

1 Like

No one is morally clean. You can’t be a human and be morally clean. So I’ll take someone who’s smart.

1 Like

i’d choose morally clean. period.

2 Likes