Moon Shadow Recovery Club

the jalapeno poppers were baked yesterday and they were so good I’m going to do up the rest of them today…so delicious…wow @Ninjastar sounds like you guys are well off…I would kill for a new refrigerator! matter of speech mind you.

that’s the excitement for my day anyways.

3 Likes

The most horrible thing has happened at my house! I bought our coffee online and the delivery hasn’t come yet but we’re out of coffee. DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID NO COFFEE (sound of me sobbing uncontrollably)

7 Likes

I have 2 jobs interviews today. This is for improving my job conditions, including my salary, and to be happier at work. I will probably know tomorrow for which company I will now work for.

I feel confident for my job interviews. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

that’s great, best of luck to you

2 Likes

I’m sad today. I don’t suffer from depression, just sad. My first son’s birthday is coming up in less than 2 months and I don’t know what we’ll do now that my daughter is getting a bit older. Usually I just bake a cake and eat my emotions. But that’s not really a great example to set. But the stress of that plus whatever is going on with my meds and needing to increase them and I don’t know. I could barely sleep last night because the wall with the light on it kept moving. Like something was going to leak through. I know it was probably just my eyes playing tricks on me, though.

2 Likes

Well, we can’t really afford new appliances, but we just moved and the ones here currently don’t work. My produce keeps getting ice on it because the fridge fluctuates in temperature too much, the dishwasher randomly pops open, and the oven is ridiculously tiny, like the size of a convection oven! Luckily, I used to work at the hardware store, so my old work friends are going to cut me a deal on some returns.

3 Likes

I think baking a cake and eating your emotions isn’t the most healthy way to deal with your emotions, but it’s a lot better than other ways. It’s all about surviving the day, as best as you can. You can work on being more healthy on other days, when your heart is more capable of handling it. If you engage in self-destructive behavior one day a year, you’re not doing badly. Unless you think that one day will trigger more bad days.

3 Likes

I more worry about the example I’m setting for R. I don’t want her to associate his birthday with me eating cake and crying. You know? Ugh. I don’t know. It probably doesn’t matter this year. She’s not old enough to understand.

2 Likes

I had a friend visit today, an he brought delicious homemade sandwiches! :smiley: I ate it all, and even bought myself (and him) a soda.
Earlier today, I took a walk (with the staff and some others), but it was completely voluntary, and it felt good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As a kid, I always preferred when my parents were honest about their emotions rather than trying to hide them. It let me know that it’s okay for me to be sad and cry sometimes, too. I think that’s a positive example to set.

3 Likes

Man my recent stresses (which are over now thank the lord) must have decreased my immune system. My lymph nodes are swollen and I have a temperature.

Mandatory bed rest is needed for recovery!

3 Likes

I always get physically sick when I’m mentally sick. The two are very linked.

3 Likes

im not doing too good today because i wont be able to get any meds for couple weeks and i have been off them for a couple weeks im already feeling bad being off abilify even tho it made my psychosis worse it made my mood really good, or maybe it just made me so anxious and paranoid that i am not able to be irritable or get angry

idk my pdoc says he really wants me back on zyprexa since it was the only med that worked and there are not really any other meds for me to try so even tho i dont want to gain alot of weight again so im hoping i can not gain that much weight but i dont think i will since i will have a few things different to help me that i didnt have before.

if i wasnt hearing voices all day and didnt have to worry about stuff i would be doing really good because i dont have that many real life problems only problems with my brain

1 Like

Our brains are our real life problems. Even more so because we can’t do anything to escape our brains. We can’t just take a break from ourselves. Some people use drugs and alcohol to escape it, but it’s only temporary then the brain comes back with a vengeance. I wish there were some magic answer I could give you for your dilemma but I can’t. All I can do is suggest you get stable on your meds (maybe use the samples the pdoc gave you) and try to limit the amount of calories you take in. Easier said then done, I know. I am currently 100 overweight and still waiting for my meds to do their magic.

I know you’re struggling right now, but I do have faith in you that you will find the right answers for yourself if only you keep looking. Take care and keep in touch so we know how you’re doing.

3 Likes

I’m being naughty and eating my best friend’s birthday present because I am greedy…

I’ll just buy him another box tomorrow lol.

I’m feeling quite happy at the moment… maybe the lack of sleep scares the voices away

Let’s see how long I can stay awake… 39 hours so far!

2 Likes

Not sleeping can trigger psychosis.

There is a point at which you’ll consider a sleep aid?

2 Likes

Can you buy them from shops?

1 Like

Benadryl is a sleep aid/allergy medicine that is available in shops. Melatonin is another one. The rest are pretty much prescription only.

1 Like

The prescription ones are so much better :wink:

Just use it if you haven’t slept in a couple of days.

I was on sleeping tablets before I started my ap.

Some ap’s help you sleep. Have you started yours yet?

1 Like

Actually, apparently in the U.K., Benadryl is a different drug. What you want is called Diphenhydramine

1 Like