Mood and antidepressants

I was on multiple aps at the same time for years. Have only recently got down to mono therapy. Would like to stay on just one ap.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s worth the risk, because I think it is a big deal because you have to get used to being without the old medication and taking the new medication. I think it is a lot of stress on the body and brain. I have never changed from one tablet to another though.

I know you get anxiety. I know that sucks. Maybe it is something you just have to live.

2 Likes

Yeah I think you could be right. Is a big stress on the body and mind changing meds. Have been on seroquel for 5 years. Maybe I should just accept the anxiety and learn coping tools to deal with it.

2 Likes

Maybe you should just take more Seroquel as a prn when you have anxiety. That’s what I did with Risperdal and it really did help.

1 Like

I think that sounds wise @anon35166066.

2 Likes

I get so internally agitated when I get anxious. I totally get that doctors don’t like using benzos anymore for this. That is cool. Some folk here are prescribed an antihistamine, vistaril, to sedate them a bit when they get anxious.

I think I could benefit from this but when I explained this to my doc I got the impression he thought I just wanted to medicate myself into a deep stupor, like getting totally stoned off meds. He thought this because this is a problem in the poor area I live in.

But I wouldn’t abuse them. It would be welcome sedation, which I think is the opposite of agitation.

2 Likes

In case you didn’t know, Seroquel has strong antihistamine effects. It blocks the histamine 1 receptor a lot more strongly than any of the other receptors it blocks.

2 Likes

Yeah I did know that. I think it is this antihistamine effect which suits me the most about this med. I have been prescribed seroquel 25mgs to take as an add on prn when I get anxious but they did nothing. Their effect was lost in the flood from the morning 300mg dose.

I think trying a novel antihistamine my brain is naive too may elucidate a sedative reaction I can consciously appreciate. The antihistamine effects of seroquel are lost to my immediate awareness because I have been on it so long.

‘I need to feel a dint!’ Using the street phrases common round here.

3 Likes

Good luck @anon35166066. I need to take a shower soon, because I haven’t had one for a while. It is 2:10 am at the moment. I slept for a number of hours earlier on in the night.

3 Likes

I have good mood but I take them for the anxiety and sleeping at night.

3 Likes

@zeno which of your anti d … help u to sleep … may i could take it…!!!

2 Likes

I have changed several of them, they all worked fine, even low dose benzos works.
But for strong insomnia I suggest you this one:

2 Likes

My mood is getting worse and I’m not on anti depressants. First I was feeling no motivation enjoyment or concentration and now I feel worthless and have lost all self confidence

I question why the hell im here. I don’t know what to do. I’m at my wits end.

2 Likes

You will figure it out @Qwerty it just takes time.

1 Like

AD’s never did much for me when I had depression

1 Like

Not much hope then.

2 Likes

I have a good mood and I’m on one antidepressant. I’m not psychotic and I’m on three AP’s. I’m not anxious at the moment and I take CBD capsules every day, and 0.5 mg of Klonipin as needed for anxiety.

2 Likes

When my mood dips, it’s usually because I didn’t eat a B-complex in a few days.

B-vitamin deficiencies are tied to depression.

1 Like

My mood is better than it was off aps

1 Like

They say depakote isn’t good for depression but it has really mellowed me out. I used to get such awful mood swings. Not mania or anything, but like I’d be perfectly fine and content to wanting to die in moments. And my negative emotions were so intense I couldn’t stand them. It just chilled all of that out so they’re normal again.

I have only gotten 1 depressive episode on it, when I was under a great deal of stress and it was quite mild compared to what I’ve dealt with before. So I think it’s preventative of episodes and helps decrease their intensity when they do happen.

1 Like