Mom Says I'm Destabilizing šŸ˜–

Literally nothing caused it. I canā€™t even pinpoint when it happened. I was watching TV in the living room with my mom and brother, and then my mom kept asking me what was wrong. She said that I was having these weird tics and jerking body movements, and that I was looking around like I was hallucinating (I remember that everything looked surreal, and later, I started seeing light waves). She also said I was having racing thoughts, but I donā€™t remember having that,

I havenā€™t been sleeping well because of guilt. I was awake for 38 hours, then on Tuesday night, I had to take my Seroquel (300mg), 5mg of Haldol, and 0.5mg Ativan before I could finally fall asleep. I didnā€™t sleep last night, either. Itā€™s about 6:30AM right now, and Iā€™ve been awake for like 18 hours.

I hate to be that person, but I sort of wish it were mania, because at least then, Iā€™d have some energy. But no, Iā€™m just exhausted and canā€™t sleep because I feel like such an awful person. Itā€™s all consuming.

edit: Does anyone else get weird movements with their schizophrenia?

I get weird moments in my arm. Shaking from
Zoloft. But nothing from sz alone??

Sorry youā€™re struggling with energy/motivation and other things right now.

Yeah I know what you mean rather having mania. I think weā€™ve all been there (at least those prone to mood issues).

And ps I think I should be reminding you youā€™re NOT a bad person. You have good intentions and youā€™re doing your best. Peace :v:

2 Likes

you didnā€™t realize you were having this going on?

it sounds like typical schizophrenia symptoms.

I donā€™t get body jerking, but I make lots of noises
that drives Phil crazy, things like Ah huh, yeah, mmm, hmmm

like Iā€™m agreeing or responding to my thoughts.

1 Like

Donā€™t be afraided, such things happen in this illness,
Stay away from outward world stimulants like TV or loud music or intense lights and also mystical books,

What meds are you on now?

1 Like

I feel like the weird part is that Iā€™m not having any mood symptoms, as far as I can tell. Not a one. I feel fine other than being tired from lack of sleep, but apparently, things are pretty bad because my mom called my doctor yesterday morning. Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on or whatā€™s going to happen. My mom was saying that I might have to go to the hospital again. I just hope I doā€™t have to.

No, not until my mom told me.

Thanks Gratitude. I know that I always say and think that Iā€™m a bad person, but the rational part of me is pretty sure that Iā€™m not. Itā€™s just that ā€œpretty sureā€ isnā€™t really good enough for me. And like, to me, I think that the feeling of being a bad person is more of a guilty feeling than a shameful one. I feel like a bad person when Iā€™ve a) done something that a person who I might consider to be bad would do, b) I did something that I myself believe to be wrong, c) I did something that I imagine God would consider ā€œsinful,ā€ or d) some combination of them all.

Seroquel 300mg, Lithium 900mg, Zoloft 150mg, Cogentin 1mg, Haldol 5mg prn, and Ativan 0.5mg prn.

2 Likes

Can you go on without Zoloft?

Some meds cause tics and tremors. Wellbutrin and Effexor did that to me. Parkinsonā€™s can be something that does this and it can cause hallucinations and delusions. Maybe you should see a neurologist as well!

Friend. What do you mean nothing caused it? Your grandfather JUST died. You two were very close. Iā€™m glad your mom is starting to take you seriously. Youā€™ve been heading downhill for a while.

Side note: report those tics to your doctor ASAP. Itā€™s probably just a weird symptom, but it could be a rare side effect called tardive dyskinesia. If you have that, you need your meds changed IMMEDIATELY.

You remind me of me when I was your age

Doctor: have you been under any stress lately?

Me: nah, not really

Also me: just watched my dad and grandpa die and now has custody of two teenagers.

Lol, Iā€™m absolutely certain that I donā€™t have Parkinsonā€™s.

My mom called my pdoc and Iā€™m seeing him next week, but he said I donā€™t have TD. I took prn Haldol and it went away. It probably has something to do with how little Iā€™ve been sleeping.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a relief. Itā€™s usually not TD, but itā€™s always good to make sure.

1 Like

@Sardonic,

Your lack of sleep could be a sign of mania or hypomania. Lack of sleep in itself is a sign of mania in a sza person.

1 Like

Can you have mania without all of the energy, grandiosity, and impulsiveness? Like, I feel completely normal other than being guilty and tired.

Thereā€™s something called mixed states, which is like all the anxiety and insomnia of mania combined with the self-hatred and irritability of depression. Basically the worst of both worlds. I have only experienced it once, but they can be horrible.

2 Likes

Lack of sleep can be really detrimental. My advice is to try to get some good rest. As others have mentioned, itā€™d be a good idea to notify your doctor. I hope you feel better soon circle!

1 Like

Thatā€™s the strange thing; the only thing thatā€™s giving me anxiety is my fear that Iā€™m evil, hellbound.

My mom made me take an extra 100mg of Seroquel and then I was out, lol. I slept for twelve hours, and I feel so much better.

Thanks, guys, for your replies. It feels nice knowing that people care. :heart:

1 Like

Our feelings can be really hurtful when we are tired that rest helps with all the problems we have and our outlook on them.

Yes. I know what you are going through. Manic days are the worst. Try to use every relaxation technique you know. I was going through a similar stage and I told my doctor what was going on. He said: at least your house is clean right? I said: ummmmmm, actually noā€¦oops Iā€™m just doing stupid stuff. :grimacing: You should be crashing soon. I hope.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.