Mom driving me crazy-again

She is constantly nagging and judgemental. I’m sorry I don’t exercise perfectly and eat perfectly healthy all the time and am not always able to keep my room 100% clean. I’m sorry I have diagnosed sleep disorders that mess up my sleep schedule which somehow personally offends you.

Today after my therapy appt I went back to bed because I have a gross virus and feel very unwell and the rest of the week I have work this is my one rest day. And as soon as I get up she’s like “did you just go back to bed?!” Oh my god. I really can’t wait to get out of this house so I don’t have to deal with the obsessive health guru who thinks everyone else’s problems are fake.

3 Likes

I had a similar feeling when living at home. My mother would constantly urge me to do things I simply wasn’t capable of doing. Many of the things revolved around diet, exercise, and social interaction. It was very hard living at home, mainly because I began to think I was a burden, and that fueled my depression.

The good news is that I have been living on my own for 2 years now. I can tell you undoubtedly that for me it got much better when I moved out. Now I am on better terms with my mother. She still tells me to eat better and clean my apartment more even though I live in a different city haha, so I think some of those things never go away.

For me my relationship with my mother improved greatly after I moved out, and after moving out I began to feel less like a burden. I wish you the best of luck in your situation.

2 Likes

That was similar with me growing up…when I got older and more mentally unwell it became toxic for me being at home because my parents did not understand…leaving for college was really helpful, but I am stuck at home for a while now until I can finish nursing school and find a job :disappointed:

1 Like