Misophonia

Ever hear of this. I have a lot of the symptoms.

1 Like

I have it, and Paliperidone helps it somewhat. Niacin and Vitamin C helps some more. Still have a little, but it’s getting better (also taking Protandim and ample Omega 3.)

One theory is that it’s a symptom of copper toxicity, so taking safe amounts of copper antagonists like Niacin and Vitamin C might counter it.

Would also make sense to get copper levels tested by a naturopath or orthomolecular doctor (if you have the money.)

Here’s a study correlating lowered copper levels with lowered sound sensitivity: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3235993/

“Post zinc and B-6 therapy, individuals with autism and PDD-NOS had significantly lower levels of copper, but individuals with Asperger’s did not have significantly lower copper. Individuals with autism, PDD-NOS and Asperger’s all had significantly higher zinc levels. Severity of symptoms decreased in autistic individuals following zinc and B-6 therapy with respect to awareness, receptive language, focus and attention, hyperactivity, tip toeing, eye contact, sound sensitivity, tactile sensitivity and seizures.”

Zinc and B6 are also copper antagonists.

I normally only get something like this when I’m withdrawing from a med.