Mindfulness no better than watching tv

I took the comment as a sly dig for me posting information that contrasted with the original post. It wasn’'t a direct reply to my post, which made it more cunning further still, when it was obviously derogatory.

I think this is the part that people are missing here. It seems a weird thing to look for in mindfulness - I can’t say that I’ve ever used it for “prosocial” purposes.

4 Likes

I read half of one of your posts and didn’t click the link. I was replying to firemonkey because this is one of the areas of neuroscience that I am particularly interested in. And I was being very serious and not at all sarcastic.

Firemonkeys comment was what i was referring to, which you quoted, not yours.

1 Like

Oh right, sorry for misinterpreting you. I’m sure he didn’t mean it in a bad way, though.

Meditation and asian stuff like that is based on internal things. Using it for ‘prosocial’ purposes when you’re not ready is you going to hurt yourself lol.

Of course nothing was directed at labramat. It seems that at the moment people are intent on being negative towards me, irrespective of whether I’ve actually done anything wrong.

I’ve been interested in meditation. It would be a miracle if I could clear my mind of all the noise and overthinking.

I took a 6 week course about mindfulness at my local mental health centre. It really didn’t help me with anything.

1 Like

Find a teacher that gets the message across to you. You will know when you find the right one. Some (most) people out there don’t actually know what they are talking about when it comes to these things.

1 Like