@miika. About Greece

But how well, psychiatric illnesses such as sz require quite a complex use of verbal skills to solve any problems that may come up.

@Pikasaur. Why donā€™t you talk to dad and say,ā€Hey. Let me try this. If things get too hard Iā€™ll come back home.ā€

Good luck in Greece, @Pikasaur!
I hope it works out for you.

Thanks everyone. Greece might not happen. The friend I was gonna live with down there had decided Iā€™m a piece of shite and we canā€™t live together, and nothing I can say seems to change his mind.

I only said yes to go in the first place because he promised me weā€™d do it together and heā€™d have my back.

1 Like

Is this the same friend we keep telling you is an abusive dumpster fire and you should stop talking to him forever?

Yesā€¦ 15151515

Iā€™m very not surprised that he dropped you the second he found out he wouldnā€™t be able to use you for money.

I have to be honest the only good thing I was thinking about this Greece thing was that at least it would get you away from him.

Sorry, Iā€™m being harsh. I just hate seeing you constantly mistreated by this jerk. You make your own decisions in life, and I respect that. But you deserve to be treated with respect by all your friends.

1 Like

I donā€™t know what to do. Stay in denmark and renew my lease, or go to greece anyways and hope I find an apartment for the few money I do have?
It might piss him off even more if I spend the remaining money on rent here, but I NEED a place to stay

Only you can make that choice. But I recommend NOT chasing this guyā€™s affection to the point That you alienate all your actually supportive family members who genuinely care for your well-being.

3 Likes

I see your point.

Have you thought about moving back with your family for a bit? You always seem much happier when youā€™re visiting them.

I have given it some thought, yes. But my closest relatives live in Norway. I do have a sister here who has a spare room, but I would rather dig my eyes out with a rusty teaspoon tbh

1 Like

Do you have anything against Norway?

My mother lives in Northern Norway and is planning to mive to Denmark next summer.
I love her to death, but nortern norway is so rutal and small-town-mentality and stuff like that. Plus the psychiatric care in Norway is atrocious.
My father lives in southern norway in a semi-small town.

Iā€™m sure both my parents would welcome me with open arms, but I donā€™t want to live in Norway and I donā€™t want to be a burden.

Iā€™m a grown person. I should be able to take care of myself with a little support

I could really use some of your ninja wisdom right now.

Iā€™m really upset. Iā€™ve even been looking at one-way tickets to go stay with my parents, but Iā€™m sure they wouldnā€™t want me.

Here is my wisdom. Depression is a liar that tells you nobody loves you. It tells you that you are a burden and people hate caring for you. The way to challenge it is to reach out to your loved ones. Let them remind you how loved you are and how much they want to help.

4 Likes

What about asking your mom if you can stay with her or ask your dad for however long and then when she moves, maybe you can move with her?

1 Like

@Pikasaur I felt the same way as you once and moved to the other side of the world. But my mental health got the better of me and I ended up on the streets of Los Angeles and then into a board and care.

My mother came out and saw the state I was in and helped me come back home.

There is no greater support than family.

3 Likes

I agree with @Ninjastar

You donā€™t know for certain that your parents wouldnā€™t want you. Iā€™ve known too many people, especially people who identify as LGBTQ, who have cut their parents out of their lives only to blame them for not being there for them.

Reach out to your parents. If they reject you thatā€™s a decision that they have to live with, but you might be pleasantly surprised.

3 Likes