@miika. About Greece

@Pikasaur, how are the plans going for Greece? Did you find out about mental health services there? Do you have a plan for treatment while there?

1 Like

Not to get in your business @Pikasaur but I am curious about this too. I’ve always wanted to try living in another country but I find the transition daunting.

1 Like

Yeah, like @Air said, I’m not trying to be in your business. I genuinely am curious about it all and I’m wishing you the best of luck!

1 Like

I’m not sure how the services there are, but I’ll be bringing enough meds for a few months just in case.

I think you have to pay to see a doctor there

1 Like

I’m glad you’ll have a cushion with the meds until you get it all worked out. What’s the job you’ll be doing there?

Techical support :slight_smile:
My dad just sent me a message saying he’ll cut me off financially if I leave. I was kind of expecting that tbh

That’s harsh. Why do you think he’s so against it?

He’s worried it will negatively affect my mental health

2 Likes

What’s your game plan if something starts to go awry?

Greece is a great country with great weather.
Our sun here is natural antidepressant

2 Likes

Is it warm there yet om?

1 Like

Yes, warm days, 20 degrees Celsius.
Rarely cloudy weather.
Our great sun is a masterpiece.

1 Like

I’m not sure. Take prn medication and talk to someone

1 Like

Man I’d love to be over there now, it’s sunny here but not too warm

2 Likes

Have you thought about seeking a support/case worker? Just for a little extra support as you transition

I think you need a solid answer before you cut yourself off from your entire support system and move to a place where you don’t speak the language.

3 Likes

I have to agree with @Ninjastar. I’m not saying don’t go. Just that maybe you should get a therapist to talk to before you arrive so you immediately have some sort of support. I’d also line up a psychiatrist before you get there. It’s really important to have support when you’re making a big change like that.

1 Like

I think that going to Greece would be an adventure, it might be difficult, however, to find a doc who speaks fluently English. I would like to visit Greece again. In 1986, 34 years ago I was in Crete, it was a nice vacation. Of course if something goes wrong, you can always go to the ER in Greece, but the language may again be a problem. I do not know how well Greeks speak English.

1 Like

@Pikasaur. Please make sure you are aware of resources (such as your country’s foreign embassy in Greece) should you need assistance.

2 Likes

Greeks speak English

1 Like