Metal fans, post your favorite metal songs from the early 2000s

I’m thinking like 2000-2003, maybe 2004 at the latest.

I suppose early 2000s metal will always have a place in my heart, because 1999-2000 was around the time I started getting into that genre, when I had a roommate who exposed me to it. Throughout the 90s I was all about gangsta rap lol.

Just a few that I’ve been listening to lately:

2 Likes

Or anything by Linkin Park from that era really.

1 Like

nu metal… disturbed… trivium… korn… this list is very very large… was an awesome time though…

That’s for the post, I vaguely remember this song. I had “Hybrid Theory” back in the day, never did buy “Meteora,” though I did appreciate Linkin Park’s music.

I think a lot of us can relate to this one:

1 Like

I never could get into Disturbed. I bought “The Sickness” when it was out and I was very disappointed, didn’t find it to be very sick or disturbing at all. I’ve never heard Trivium’s music, though I have heard of them.

Nothing else matters and unforgiven by Metallica.

1 Like

trivium was pretty heavy… in waves is good… dying in your arms… strings of the martyr… I can understand not liking disturbed drainmans metal dance moves look like ricky martin moves… we should add old drowning pool to the list… and mudvayne…

Both good songs, though I believe both of those are from the 90s. I tend to think of 80s/90s when I think of Metallica, since that is when they were in their prime.

I loved Mudvayne! “The End of All Things to Come” is one of my all-time favorite albums. I’ve never been into the really heavy stuff. Hatebreed or Ready Set Fall are about as heavy as I go.

Neither of these are early 2000s, just posting since I mentioned them.

1 Like

My favorite Soulfly song:

2 Likes

I’m an old man😀

1 Like

I’m 37 years old myself, was in my second year of college (1999-2000) when I got into metal.

1 Like

I’m not an expert but I saw them about 2001.

Hah! I still listen to linkin park sometimes!!! they were my favourite at the time! Maybe I was 16?!

this music is too triggering for me =(

I loved this =)

also some weird European bands. Lake of tears, dark tranquility and stuff? LOL

The most - I still like are only instrumental from these metal and weird bands. I will try to find some.

HAH - Opeth!

depressing music

2 Likes

anything from Deftones

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Wow, I had forgotten all about this thread. :metal:

1 Like

i didn’t even know it existed, i think i want to make a early 90s metal thread!

1 Like