Mental Technique to help think better?

How do you focus your brain when it’s completely malfunctioning? Does anybody have a mental technique that they use? Like, I’m saying I want to just focus on MY EMOTIONS, and go with that. I think I’ve tried lots of wierd techniques before that didn’t really work, just took me to some strange mental places that no man has gone before.

1 Like

Music and getting lost in something interesting, like reading, watching a video, or playing a game.

1 Like

I don’t want to get lost in something. I want to function better socially.

1 Like

I find that when I am talking to people the voices leave me alone.

1 Like

Although ive made no progress in it, some really preach that meditation can eventually lead to maximizing the function of your brain. Based on how old meditation practice is, i believe there is some merit to it. However, if meditating makes voices worse, then it probably should be avoided. Maybe talking to a therapist is worth trying as well.

2 Likes

Socially I’ve started looking at people’s noses to simulate and avoid eye contact at the same time. I’m having pretty good results, I normally avoid direct eye contact at almost all times.

1 Like

Meditation helps me calm down when I tried it. I’m looking to start therapy. Maybe they will have some ideas, if i can remember to talk about the right problems I have, instead of only talking about the wild phenomenon about me that I believe in.

1 Like

When my world closes in on me and everything feels not right, I take myself physically outdoors into some fresh air and sunshine.

Somehow this snaps all of those ugly thinkings back to their own place.

Especially sweet is a running creek, talk trees and some grass under my feet, all within one minutes walk from my house.

1 Like

I like to walk on the beach, but there is always lots of traffic, so I never feel at peace.

I concentrate on the top (the pate) of my head because I think that’s where self punishment begins. And that messes up my social fluency like nothing else.

1 Like

Interesting 1515151515

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.