Mental illness and 6 types of people

5 Likes

Most people I tell are number 3. They hear the word schizo and immediately think I’m dangerous.

My ex is a number 4. She said she would always support me but left me when I wasnt recovering quick enough during my second psychotic break.

2 Likes

My father and brother believe i have a severe mental illness but they feel that I can always do more even when I know I can’t.
I know what my limits are but both of them like to push me anyway.

They really don’t understand and can be very aggressive about it.

2 Likes

My ex at the start was number 4 , but turned into number 3. I live with my brother he is a number 6.

1 Like

My people range from 4, 5 and 6. I can deal with that.

1 Like

I’m not sure where I’d place most of my family . My brother would be a 6 in terms of accepting I have a mental illness and not using it against me. My parents accepted I had a mental illness but weren’t that supportive. My father was indifferent . My mother was prone to thinking I hadn’t taken my pills or was getting ill again if we didn’t see eye to eye. If things got heated she’d act as though I was going to attack her.
My sister is ok about it on a surface level but below that she’s quite critical of how I was when I was ill and we were all still living at home.

1 Like

My family refers to me as the crazy uncle. Nothing I say is ever taken seriously. So I just stopped communicating with them.

2 Likes

My kids refer to me as eccentric. My youngest doesn’t consider me crazy though just different

1 Like

I’ve mostly come across “…but I’m easily bored” type of people. Both personally and with mental health professionals.

1 Like

The second one was how certain people I served under in the Navy felt about mental illness. “It’s sort of there, but your exaggerating it, so pull yourself together and get the job done or you’ll be in trouble”. So glad I got out of the military. Some of them…well… fuk them… lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.