Mental ill patients are humans, not "things" with a malfunction who need to be fixed

Listen to us!

We have a history, a background and a subjective experience with psychopharmacology.
One size does not fit all, when it comes to mental illness, the brain, body, the person.

Yes, we might say strange things, but we should not be treated according to a manual:

“You need to increase serotonin, you need to reduce dopamine or increase dopamine, you need norepinephrine etc. etc.”

No, I need you to listen to my story. My experience with the meds, the therapy, life in general.
You have to see me as an individual person. Not a thing with a malfunction.

Listen to us!

7 Likes

Psychiatrists job is really only to prescribe meds. I think what you want is a psychologist, their job is treat you with nice words.

1 Like

No, I don’t need a psychologist.

I need a Pdoc who listens to my personal experiences with psych meds.

Every person is different, every brain is different. A person changes through time and so does the brain.

So you can’t just say - you are depressed, you need serotonin or whatever.

We all come with a history of meds, and our experiences with the meds should be taken seriously.

And I don’t need nice words from a pdoc or therapeut , it makes me nauseous.

1 Like

I think if we were all robots then we would have been reprogrammed by now

what do you think @discobot

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

What do you mean? You want to decide which meds you take? Ask him but its his choice as he’s the Dr and knows your health best. Personally I never had a bad experience with any Dr but maybe it exists idk. What about changing Drs? You also have to be honest about everything with your Dr so he can help you the most.

1 Like

@discobot treat my schizophrenia

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot query

can you treat my mental illness?

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

@discobot , have i disabled you?

Hmmmn. It’s me who takes the drugs, it’s not the pdoc, so he should listen to me because i know how it feels to be on this and that drug.

And what is this discobot about? Is it a person.

1 Like

Its a bot that you can talk to lol

1 Like

Ha, ha… Okay, now i understand

1 Like

@discobot query

i think i know who you are, you aint a robot really, you are a human hiding behind a picture of a robot arent you?

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: God has given you one face, and you make yourself another. — William Shakespeare

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot fortune

Will it all turn out ok ?

1 Like

:crystal_ball: My sources say no

1 Like