Schizophrenia.com

Mental Health System

Is the mental health system inherently, intrinsically harmful?

1 Like

From what I’ve seen up close and personal, it is certainly broken at least here anyway

1 Like

Hi Martin! Good to see you again!

I just think the mental heath system kinda has a ‘one shoe size fits all’ the way they dole out the anti psychotic medication.

Every mentally ill person has a story that needs to be explored. Unfortunately, the Doctors just don’t have the time to vet every patient to the nth degree.

Fully understanding why a patient has become ill would go a long way to helping individuals recover sooner…in my opinion.

4 Likes

Harmful? Maybe
But it certainly is broken.

1 Like

I like what the three posters above me have said (and I can’t remember the last time I gave three consecutive likes before). I’ve seen a lot of patients shoehorned into a little nifty box. If you don’t fit into a tidy box, you get pretty crappy treatment and attention. On the other hand, if you’re in extreme crisis (think state hospital commitments), you can get an astounding level of 1:1 attention and help. So many people, many homeless, out there struggling to get ANY help and usually get jack and lip service.

3 Likes

Usually jail time for the fact that their homeless.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.