Mental health is on full display at the Winter Olympics

1 Like

Well they can break something at any point. Someone mentioned before its like rat race or gladiator war. Just a spectacle or spectacular show of decency. I guess but behind the scenes who knows. There are also drug addictions and downfalls into the pits of anorexia, bulimia etc. I cant recall the term for it but something to do with the nervous system going haywire at a certain point. Depends what your bias is i guess aswell to consider what an amazing life achievement is and relative to what? Also theres meglomania in athletics i suppose. But also humble inspirational people.

1 Like

Let me guess… depression, anxiety, etc. Everyone already knows about those ones… Snore…

1 Like

Sorry, not to undermine the suffering of those conditions, because they are very real, it’s just that they seem to already be well understood by the public. Where as stigma doesn’t seem to exist for those conditions anymore.

1 Like

There is a Russian skater who got disqualified from the Olympics as they found out she was doped.

Interesting 15151515155151

1 Like
2 Likes

I wonder if there are schizophrenic Athletes and if sz disqualify you from the Olympics.

2 Likes

Now you’re asking the real questions. But most people with schizophrenia are pretty weighed down by their illness and tired. It would be a feat to see a schizophrenic person make it into the Olympics.

1 Like

saw/heard some of that.

but when they put it back to the main commentator,
he seemed befuddled.

maybe I took it wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.