Mental Health Comorbidities

5 Likes

Its fashonable these days to have a “mental health problem”. Too many claim benefits for minor illnesses, when years ago in the 1940’s us british had the stiff upper lip.

Severe mental illnesess like schizophrenia have taken a back seat - in favour of the snowflakes that claim depression cos they are to lazy too get out of bed at 8am to goto work.

3 Likes

Notice the excuse of depression and anxiety a lot here in the States. Not saying they’re not real, but used as an excuse to get benefits and missing work.

3 Likes

‘Work is the curse of the drinking classes’ - old proverb. Lol

1 Like

Real severe Major Depressive Disorder is serious stuff, but yeah you are right too many people here in the states claim to have depression.
It’s become fashionable.

1 Like

Someone I know that is connected to my brother without mentioning names, claimed to have some mania the other week.
She doesn’t have bipolar.

She thinks it’s fashionable.

I resent this.

1 Like

It’s annoying when normal people use MI diagnosis’ to describe a feeling. Like someone is being so schizo, ocd. Or diagnose themselves to express to their friends their behavior. They sound ignorant.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.