Meds change. Help with abilify insights

Yes it’s 5.

There are many websites with good or great explanations for how to find derivatives.

Are you familiar with plotting functions?

Well, in a visual sense, the derivative of a function f, in point a, is the slope of its graph in point a.

If f(x) = 5x - 7, the graph is a slanted straight line, right? So its slope must be the same everywhere. Turns out that slope is 5 in this case :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes I’m familiar with that.

@Andrey thanks for the math lesson!

1 Like

@Andrey thanks… that was a good lesson. Are you on Abilify?

What is f’(x), for f(x) = 5x^2 - 7x+6

1 Like

Yes I’m on abilify 10mg.

If f(x) = 5x² - 7x + 6, then f’(x) = 10x - 7.

1 Like

Your math looks good @Andrey.Probably better than mine…

Lol man, it’s not a competition :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is apreciation, not competition

1 Like

Thank you!

As regards your original topic: yes, I was put on the monthly shot (400mg) in the beginning. It honestly didn’t work that well, but maybe we should’ve given it more time. The first 2 weeks were worse, face swelling, hunger and absent-mindedness. After that things went better, but still not well enough.

It took me at least 5 years on abilify, including 2 relapses due to stopping the treatment, before I could consider myself functional at a decent level. Before that, the negative symptoms were too crippling. I did have jobs during that time, but were short-lived and felt overwhelming.

So right now I am able to work and my superiors are usually content with my results; mood is generally stable, with occasional lows, despite also taking prozac. I’m lacking in the physical stamina department, I should exercise more and quit smoking.