Meds are drugs?

yes no or maybe?////////

Not unless you can get high or stoned using them

1 Like

I would classify them as drugs if they were misused. :shell::shell::shell:

1 Like

I think so. they change your hormones. I haven’t been horny for 2 years. but not mind altering. which is good.

meds are drugs…so we are drug attics

Yes. I see no difference. It is a chemical that alters brain function and the way you experience the world, is used to numb problems, is addictive and has tolerance and withdrawal, damages the body and brain.

I asked a psychiatrist once to explain the difference. He got mad. But couldnt answer.

That doesnt mean it cant have beneficial effects either. But so do drugs. Ketamine is used against depression, microdoses of mdma, mushrooms or lsd are said to be helpful as well.

1 Like

And that makes the pdocs legal drug pushers too?

A drug is classified as anything that alters your mood,
so caffine is a drug,
sugar …

Walnuts were reported a few years back as having brain altering chemicals,
and were about to be put on “by prescription only” class.

Hehehe, yeah, was this only in California?

1 Like

Yes. So is caffeine though. Drugs doesnt mean illegal or can get you high.

1 Like

Caffeine is the most common drug in the world. :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

2 Likes

Well, they don’t sell me milk and eggs at my drug store, they sell me risperidone, so yes, I would say meds are drugs.

1 Like

Yup, and like all scientific discoveries, they are inherently neutral, neither good nor bad at its core. Drugs can be used to save lives, or take them, it all depends on how it’s used

Taking something to get high, bad. Taking something to help with a legitimate medical concerns, not bad.

Just make sure you follow the prescribed instructions

2 Likes

You can’t just stop focusyn… :smiley: Of course it is DRUGS…

LOL :wink:

1 Like

all meds are drugs whether good or bad or psychoactive or not, the word drug is just commonly associated with recreational drugs which make people think anything u call a drug gets you high or is bad

1 Like

Addictive drugs don’t just cause tolerance and withdrawals, they also cause an urge to take them and in increasing amounts. Most meds don’t. Then again, some recreational drugs aren’t addictive either.

Yes, AP dont cause cravings, true! Benzos did though. And i didnt have cravings with other drugs either, though i never used them much.

Certainly our meds are drugs and so is aspirin and caffeine.

Benzos are seriously addictive. They are also popular street drugs. No difference between benzos and many dangerous street drugs in my opinion.

3 Likes

I agree. I have no clue why they were handed out to me without even mentioning addiction or withdrawal. I now avoid them like the plague.

1 Like

I was prescribed them when I was 16 along with lithium, even though I wasn’t even diagnosed at that point and don’t have bipolar disorder.
Not all doctors are good doctors.

2 Likes

16? Idiots. shakes head

1 Like