Meds are a tool to feel better

This is the way I feel about meds. They are there to improve my quality of life and I am open to any med combo that can do that.

Many people resist meds, and I think this is the wrong attitude to have. Maybe because there’s a stigma with meds in their own mind or maybe because they don’t like the effects of the meds they have… idk

When I was 20 and depressed I was reluctant to take anything because it was a foreign idea that I needed them to cope. However once I learned that my mom and sister were on them too and that it was a family thing and working for them I became open to the idea

At this point I’ve accepted the fact that meds can help tremendously and have sought out meds to fight the symptoms I have and put me in the best place of mind.

My goal these days is happiness, as it has always been. If there’s something that can make me feel more at ease and comfortable and happier I’m going to peruse it.

When I get depressed I ask for an AD. When I’m stressed I ask for something for anxiety, when I lack energy I take Modafinil. I seek to use chemistry to my advantage any way I can.

4 Likes

Jeeze you sound pretty well adjusted. Are you sure you’re sick? lol

No but seriously, that’s a great way to look at it.

1 Like

@Moonwalker
Brilliant. Wise. Mature. Wonderful perspective.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.