Medicine problems

I’m not sure how to word this…but does anyone else find they need high doses of meds to combat symptoms?

I did only when I was on ineffective medicine for me; I was on two antipsychotics at almost max dose and I still didn’t find relief. Then I was put on Clozaril and now I only need 350mg and most of my symptoms are gone (still have a voice but it’s okay. Everything else I take is moderate dose (1200mg lithium and 10mg Lexapro).

I was on 10mg abilify and it was keeping me out of hospital but notmuch else. Then the doctor upped my dose to 15mg and things seem much easier. The max dose of abilify is 30mg.

It’s all individual. If you need to up your dose then maybe that’s what needs to happen I guess.

I’ve always needed higher doses of meds. Not just psych meds. My husband is the opposite. He is super sensitive to everything and can get away with low doses of everything.

I definitely do

I recently took a step down from 32.5 to 25 of risperdal consta injection and had some unwanted symptoms. Added a .5 mg or oral to get over the hump and have leveled. My doctor wants to keep me on a dose as low as possible.

We must try to be on low doses as far as possible. High doses has a certain risk of introducing side effects.

1 Like

i remember reading something that said if 20 mg of abilify dont work for you upping it wont help, like there’s some sort of roof to its effectiveness. idk if thats true though, and i mean its also said that anything below 10 mg wont help psychotic symptoms but i saw improvements even with the lowest dosages at first even if it didnt bring complete relief

1 Like

When I used to get hospitalized they filled me with enough drugs to knock out a horse.

I seem to need fairly high doses of meds for any type of med, psych or otherwise

I do. I’m on high doses of three different AP’s.