Medications

Hello again, it’s been awhile, I’m not doing so good. My depression is very bad and my psychiatrist says its treatment resistant depression. I’m taking 300mg effexor, 300mg lyrica, 10mg abilify and 5mg of zprexa.

I do not have schizophrenia but some days I actually think I do. My diagnosis is somataform disorder, anxiety and depression.

I’m swollen as well from the meds. I am not improving, but just recently started on zyprexa. My psychiatrist doesn’t want to mess around too much with the meds.

I’m due to see a psychologist to talk about my complex past. This illness has taken an awful lot out of me, I’m just not myself and haven’t been these past four years, with the depression worsening considerably these last two years.

Some days, I believe I have schizophrenia and other days I believe I have MS. I’m in terrible fear and on edge a lot. No psychiatrist says I have schizophrenia but I wonder are the meds playing tricks on my mind?

I’m treble the size I was, plus swollen looking, that’s the meds and the sedentary lifestyle I suppose. I’m perhaps delusional as well. So tired and slow, not sure what I’m doing, clumsy and awkward, dont want to be around people, self care gone bad, my illness affects everything.

Does schizophrenia cause symptoms like mine? I am fearful I am developing schizophrenia. That’s what I’m thinking right now.

I’m trying my best to stay positive and fight it all, but its draining daily. I remain hopeful though of recovery because things cant get much worse I hope, and I fear this treatment resistant depression as well. My psychiatrist says if zyprexa doesn’t work, lithium should work and she may try me on that, although close monitoring will be needed on that med.

Have any of you tried lithium? Is it good for depression if nothing else works. I definitely think my physical symptoms are causing a lot of my depression, but it’s really bad now for two years with no real lift at all. My psychiatrist says it’s like trying to restart a battery with me, trying to find the right combination of meds and therapy.

I know a lot of help is needed from myself too, like doing walks, trying to socialize, listening to the radio, anything to distract my racing thoughts. I am trying. I’m just very sad and even feeling sorry for myself:(

Things are very difficult which is why I’m wondering what’s going on with me. I’m scared of my illness. I hope to get better, but something is definitely very wrong with me.

Anyone here think it sounds like schizophrenia? I do not hear voices or hallucinate but my thoughts race all day, fearful thoughts.

Thanks

1 Like

I read your story and I sincerely hope you can find treatment that works for your depression.

2 Likes

trying to find the right combination of meds and therapy.

It sounds like your psychiatrist is on top of things. I’d stick with the program. Hopefully you’ll find a med/therapy combination that will help you.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Yes definitely my psychiatrist is on top of things. Seeing the same psychiatrist so she knows my situation well. I’m going to definitely stick with the program.

Thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

Do the thoughts feel like inserted thoughts. Or are they actually your voluntary thoughts?

Hi I would say voluntarily thoughts.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear your going through so much.
I hope the right combination is found for your depression.

I was on Lithium; I hear it’s a good medication; a trustworthy one.

I hope your pdoc is able to help you.

1 Like

Thank you, I hope so too that things will get better for me.

My psychiatrist will try the lithium only if the zyprexa isn’t helping.

Thanks.

What are inserted thoughts, sorry I dont understand that word too well. I’m a bit slow:(

1 Like

They are thoughts that you don’t feel like you voluntarily thought of them, sort of out of your control thoughts, as if they come from somewhere else?

Because if the thoughts are like that, that would be classified as auditory hallucinations I think…

1 Like

Thank you for explaining that. No I dont think my thoughts are inserted ones. Not 100% sure either because I am quiet confused.

1 Like

Maybe describe it to your pdoc if you have not already.

Hope things improve for you. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you very much. Hopefully things will improve.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.