Schizophrenia.com

Medication

What is the best medication you are using?

Best Seroquel
Next best Clopixol
3. Best Geodon

1 Like
  1. Geodon
  2. Seroquel
  3. Buspar

A lot of people swear by Geodon. It is the only antipsychotic I’ve taken that did not turn me into a zombie. My mind is clear on Geodon.

1 Like

By the way, welcome to the forum! You’ll have people who can relate with you here.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I like what I’m taking, Saphris, Rexulti, Topamax and Cymbalta.

1 Like

Invega Sustenna and Wellbutrin.

1 Like

Invega Sustenna worked best for me, but I had to stop it due to terrible & unbearable side effects.

Right now, I’m on Latuda (for the 3rd time). I’m not doing well. I need to switch but I’m kinda out of options.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I haven’t found my best med yet, although I liked Invega when I was on it. I’m on Haldol now

1 Like

welcome to the forum =)

my best meds are prob the risperdal consta and the clozapine combined… they really help me.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I’m unmedicated :sweat_smile: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you everybody for your replies. I took abilify pills for 10 years. Then stopped it and voices came back they put me on many meds but finally because I didn’t comply with taking pills they administered aristada(abilify injection) but my mind is clear now in opposite of what I remember from 10 years ago that I hardly could live when started them with high dosage. I think formula is little different also since it’s injection treatment is more stable and I don’t experience down moods. Has anybody had the experience?
Thank you.

My combo now:
clozapine,
haloperidol,
chlorpromazine,
nozinan.

I have longer periods of sanity with them

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums Ladouleur!

I don’t have a best medication but the clozaril is the majority of medication I take.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums.

The best medication is the one that works for you with no or minimal side effects. Since everyone is different everyone reacts differently to different medications. What works really well on one person doesn’t work at all on another. It’s trial and error.

For me Lurasidone (also called Latuda) has been the best.

3 Likes

Every doc wants us to be happy on our meds. If everyone are happy with their meds then I’m happy too.

2 Likes

Haldol
Benzotropine
Hydroxyzine
Trasadone

2 Likes

Thank you but why they gave you a combination? Do you have schizophrenia?

1 Like