Medication taken plus level of education

I have taken invega sustenna 100-150 with cipralex 10mg with seroquel 50 mg

level of education after schizophrenia 2nd year computer science AUB

Level of education before schizophrenia 12th grade

Please can you share which medicatiln you take with your level of education so we can see which medication is better

especially if you take abilify

First psych med I took was Anafranil . I had taken O levels a few months before. First AP during 1st in-patient stay was largactil . I had an abortive go at a history A level correspondence course in 1975/76 but wasn’t up to completing it. That was the end of education for me. I’ve avoided going to college due to severe social anxiety and the psychological effect of severe verbal bullying.

1 Like

I’ve taken so many AP. Currently on abilify. Have a bachelor’s degree and getting a certificate right now with all As. Applying to grad school soon.

1 Like

I don’t think I could have gotten a degree, taking medication. I have a bachelor of science degree. I take abilify.

This makes no sense.

3 Likes

I agree with @shutterbug. There doesn’t have to be a corrolation between type of medication and level of education.

2 Likes

I received a bachelor’s degree but it was before APs for me. I am unable to work or go to school now

Before my hospitalization, I earned a 2-year diploma from a technical school. After hospitalization, I earned the A+ Certification (GFL: Good for Life) credential and will soon achieve the more current A+ Certification which requires renewal every 3 years.

I have been on Risperdal, Clopixol and Abilify since my first hospitalization in 2002.

2 Likes

I have a college degree, but since starting multiple AP’s (Seroquel, Zyprexa, Haldol) I haven’t tried additional education, partly because I’m disabled, and can’t work to pay the student loans back; so I don’t try.

I got some college but that’s it. I’m on Vraylar and cymbalta. I probably need another AP so I’ll talk to the doc about it next appt.

I went undiagnosed while in College. I got schizophrenia at 17 and was diagnosed at 25.

I take Abilify/Ziprasidone and have done one year of Master’s level education in Statistics.

Because my anxiety levels have increased, I don’t think I would be able to go to College. If I had to speak in front of a classroom, that would trigger SZ symptoms as that would be stressful. If I didn’t have to present a thesis and stuff, I would go for a PHD.

I’m on 3 antipsychotics and I’ve got a short programmer education after the 12. Grade but Iv not been working the past 30 years. The last 3. Years I’ve learnt the scripting languages Python and Lua and the frameworks and tools to these. In the past I’ve used Assembler, C, Pascal and COBOL. Lately I’ve lost my ability to concentrate so that mean maybe Game Over to programming.

I earned a BSN in nursing after sza but before taking any meds. It was the most difficult thing I ever did in my life. My pdoc called it “impossible”.

So, I believe that the vast majority can accomplish literally anything they want to, if they want it bad enough.

1 Like

I have done one year of Master’s in Statistics from an Ivy League university.

I take Ziprasidone and Abilify. Past medications include Clozapine.

1 Like

I take Ziprasidone 80 mg twice daily and Clozapine 300 mg daily.

I have a Bachelor of Nursing Science, got this before sz. After, I haven’t really tried to learn anything since, but I’d like to.

I take invega ad have a BA in Philosophy and getting a certificate in pre art therapy goingfor a masters.

Not sure what this post is going for. Superiority?

I forgot to reveal my meds. I’m on 3 AP’s: Risperdal, Geodon and Seroquel, and Celexa an AD.