Medication poll

Does your pdoc have your meds right?

• I’m over-medicated
  • I’m under-medicated
  • I’m just right

0 voters

I’m about as comfortable as I can be on my med’s.

2 Likes

I feel under-medicated, since nothing has worked so far.

2 Likes

I think need something more for my depression. :confused: Lexapro alone isn’t quite cutting it.

Psychosis-wise I’m doing just fine on 3 mg of risperidone.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know. The voices are very tolerable these days but my weight has shot through the roof and I recently had a period of low energy and a lot of physical pain. Then I felt great for a few days. Some days I feel like I need fewer meds. Other days I feel alright.
Brian

1 Like

I’m not on very high doses of each of my meds, but because they are potent drugs they zonk me out a bit.

1 Like

I think I need an adjustment.

2 Likes

I would say for what they are capable of doing I’m on a reasonable dose.

1 Like

Im on 20mg of zyprexa i feel they have got the sweet and curly

1 Like

On 20mg of Olanzapine but about to cut down/switch to Quetiapine.

1 Like

I dont have any pdoc or nurse or anyone treating me anymore, but i decided to be on 1mg haldol a day. Even that is hard to tolerate. Sometimes i feel like EVERY dose is overmedication. But sometimes i feel im very undermedicated. Every once in a while i get unstable and i fear getting a psychosis again and hurting myself or my son. But if i use more i am so tired and unmotivated and depressed that i cant do basic selfcare or care for my son. It feels like being between scylla and charybdis.

It’s always a case on surviving on the least amount of medications whilst suffering the least amount of symptoms. It’s not easy to get it right but when you do it’s great! I put just right even though I still get breakthroughs…it’s not so bad and I can tolerate them and feel pretty good most of the time.

Mind you. I keep stress down way low! Stress is the big trigger for me and symptoms!

2 Likes

Over medicated but still not enough…

2 Likes

I don’t wanna take more meds, me and my pdoc already talked about this he told me as soon as he sees me more confident and get a gf I’m gonna quit them :rofl:

1 Like

I now take comfort in the fact that I am maxed out on Geodon. I hate to hallucinate.

For a long time I took the minimum dose you can take and I was so unwell but I wanted off meds completely. Constant symptoms. Don’t miss those days at all now. But maybe I am overdoing it. I don’t know. I had gone down to 60 mg 2 x a day and had some command hallucinations a couple months ago. Went right back up to 80. I think I just forgot my morning meds but I wasn’t taking any chances.

The meds help. It took me a while to figure that out.

1 Like

i feel kinda undermedicated primarily because im not on any kind of mood stabilizer. right now its not a huge problem because it seems like i alternate between weeks long periods of having little to no mood swings then like month(s) of serious up and down mood swings. nurse practitioner says she could just up the abilify but idk if 15 mg of abilify isnt even putting a dent in it i dont see how a 5mg increase would magically fix it

1 Like

Thats the same as me im on risperdal consta and oral thats works about to about 10-12mg daily but its not enough for me either.

1 Like

I don’t know right now. I just had to stop clozapine and am starting back up on Saphris. Yay, TD!

3 Likes

you have a problem with your blood results?

2 Likes

Did stopping saphris help with your TD? I’m curious because I also take saphris and I also have TD. I got the TD before I started taking the saphris but I may have a worsening of symptoms and I don’t know if it’s from my current meds or just a worsening from what I already had. I also take rexulti and I’ve been leaning towards blaming it since it’s so closely related to Abilfy and that’s what gave me the TD in the first place. But now I’m wondering about the saphris too.