Schizophrenia.com

Medication change: How long should I keep trying?

So a week ago Friday my doctor changed my Seroquel intake from 800 to 700.

I think some symptoms I’ve been feeling lately have been agitation, some anxiety, concentration problems, today I had a light dizzy spell, my dad says he thinks I’m lethargic…I don’t know if that’s from the drug, or just not sure what to do with myself. I’ve also vomited a couple times this week and tonight I’ve been having problems with the negative voices back in my head again causing me to be paranoid and severely depressed.

I don’t know if this is signs that the lowering of the drug was a bad idea and I should go back to my original dosage or if I should hold out another week as my body continues to adjust to the new change. I don’t know what to do. I think I’ll wait a couple more days and call her on Monday to see if I should go back.I can’t handle the negative voices…and they’re not letting me sleep, making me feel guilty & lazy. I’m not all that tired. It’s 2:37 am I probably should be sleepy but I don’t know what to do…

You’re going to have to decide for yourself what your best comfort level is. I would give this new level a chance to work, but if you can’t take it, you can’t.

I think that’s a good idea.