Medicare doesn't pay for sh**

You make ■■■■ money on Ssdi and then you have to pay ridiculous deductibles before Medicare pays anything

2 Likes

no dental and no vision either for medicare…I’m sorry…

1 Like

My Rx drug deductible is $300 then I have to pay $29/mth after that on top of my premium

I’m so sorry…that is hard on you I know.

I’m just spoiled I guess my old job paid for my med insurance and Rx drugs I had dental and vision too. It was a really good job

1 Like

What do I’d you work as?

A customer service consultant for the phone company. My title was consultant. Basically I made payment arrangements for phone service

1 Like

Really cool…

Did you see if you qualified for extra help with med d?

I didn’t even know you could apply for help. I guess they don’t volunteer that information

No they don’t I found out way late as well. You may be able to get help with med b and med d

1 Like

You paid how much!? I never realised just how expensive healthcare is in America. We have the pharmaceutical benefits scheme here and i think one of my drugs cost $14 in total. Not sure about the others. Our Medicare is quite good. Whatever service you need that falls under Medicare you don’t have to pay for. I feel for you though. Must make buying your medication stressful financially.

@Sezbot241 My Medicare premium is 130 something per month. My Medicare advantage plan is 50 per month. My medicine copays total to about $120/ month. I only get 700 for SSDI. For people who don’t qualify for Medicare premiums can be well over $1000 / month, plus deductibles and copays and coinsurance. It’s awful

Part d is a rip off.

I get better prices on my meds using an app on my phone. Download the app GoodRx

I’m cancelling my part d this year.

1 Like

O_O. That is way too much. Is your government…never mind, i just remembered who’s in charge at the moment. I feel for you guys.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s so frustrating. The medicine that helps me most is $2000 per month. Obviously i can’t take that medicine.

I have looked into doing that I pay 84.99 from aarp a month, plus about 37 a month for meds only problem I see arising is if a emergency happened (accident or worse) my med price with specialty meds would skyrocket. While good rx is cheaper on alot of meds they are not cheaper on specialty meds… I hate that I can only cancel during one month a year or sign up one month a year

1 Like

84.99 month for aarp, 37 month for meds a bit much for generic meds that probably cost .05c a pill to manufacture

1 Like

Try applying for Medicaid to supplement Medicare. I only pay $1.00 a prescription.

2 Likes

Guys I pay 8.40 copay per month for 78mg of invega suatenna with med d. I pay no premium and no deductible. The invega really costs my insurance$800 and it would be even more than that if I was on a higher dose. I don’t know how much you get in disability but I recommend applying for extra help through social security which is what I get.

2 Likes