Medical assessment for minibus license

so i took the initiative and applied for the forms and got them a couple of days ago, filled in what i could and this morning i went to the gp to see if i could get them to fill in the medical assessment form,

I was told by the receptionist that the medical assessment is 40 mins long and costs £195 :tired_face: which really sucks but he said that the job centre might pay for it for me,

i phoned the job centre later pretending to be phoning for a friend and the woman hadnt heard of it but was trying to get me to get (my friend) to have a meeting with an adviser stating that because i am in the support group i could have my benefits cut,

it all sounds very dodgy bc i dont trust the job centre, i fear they will try and cut my benefits by taking me out of the support group.

i know it sounds complicated but i was just wondering if anyone else has had to get a medical assessment from the gp in order to get a minibus license.

1 Like

Where I’m from there’s regular busses but you get approval from the bus system via assessment filled out by social worker or doctor, and then the bus system decides to approve it or not. What you can get is paratransit where they pick you up at your house and drop you off at your destination and vice versus. So you don’t have to wait at a bus stop if you’re unable. I just went through that process. My social worker knows me so the assessment wasn’t hard to do.

1 Like
1 Like

hey daydreamer…are you giving up on the thougth of working in mental health?

1 Like

no karl, i thought a minibus license would be handy to have if i was going to work in the voluntary sector, but atm i’m not at that stage but i wanted to have it anyway for the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.