Medicaid is stupid

Seriously so mad right now. My pharmacy refuses to fill my prescription because it’s not covered by my insurance. Okay fine, I tell them I will pay cash for it. They say no can do because we need a preauth for this prescription. I say I can pay cash, no need for a preauth because we’ve tried the preauth back in April and they denied it. So I’ve already been down this road. I tell them we tried that already and they denied it. I say I just want to pay cash. They say again no can do we need a new preauth and a new denial before I can pay cash. Medicaid is so stupid they won’t let me just pay cash even though they aren’t covering it.

I still have a lot of the medication left right now but I like to be a month ahead, and this situation is exactly why I like to be ahead.

It’s Modafinil, I really rely on it for my early work mornings.

5 Likes

That’s great thinking. I’ve got some excess Abilify just in case there’s a shortage or something too.

1 Like

I had Medicaid for 1 year. It was before I got SSDI. I honestly was amazed at how good my plan was.

But I did research all the plans I had to choose from online.

Plus I called drs offices and asked them which plans they liked best and why.

After that, I picked what I truly believe was the best plan possible.

It paid off to do that because my coverage was crazy good.

1 Like

Oh I have great coverage don’t get me wrong. It’s just this one medication they don’t cover and the process to pay cash is just screwed up

2 Likes

Can you have it sent to a dofferent pharmacy and not give them your insurance? Just tell them it is all self-pay? If they have no record of your insurance, they can’t catch you in the loop. We do this with one of Starlet’s meds.

2 Likes

I have to have this pharmacy because it’s the closest I can get by bus. Plus Walgreens, CVS and Safeway all have my insurance on file. I’m trying to get this at Walmart

1 Like

i paid cash recently because the preauthorazation was taking too long. the pharamacy let me. i have medicaid. id try a different pharmacy,. sounds like ur pharmacy doesnt know what theyre talking about

2 Likes

Yeah sadly though I can’t switch pharmacies just because of public transport struggles

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.