Med taken away

I was prescribed Vistaril for sleep. It is an antihistamine.
One article I read suggested doxepin or antidepressants as alternatives for sleep or anxiety.
Supplements that might relax include CBD , Lions Mane , sulforaphane…

I was on Klonopin for a while. I was also taking antipsychotics with it. Coming off Klonopin wasn’t that bad for me. My pdoc took me off Klonopin when I told him I had given a couple of milligrams of the drug to this girl who was jonesing for heroin. Then, a few years later, I came across a couple of bottles of pills - Klonopin and Ativan. I took all of them - 13 Klonopin and 28 Ativan. When my case manager found me I couldn’t walk. They took me to a psychiatric hospital from the emergency room. I don’t know if they pumped my stomach. It was in no way a suicide attempt. It was just that those pills were stronger than I thought.

I recently moved to a new place in America and went to my new doctor and asked to be prescribed my one medication that I’ve used for a long time to treat my symptoms of SZ and that works for me. Imagine having a prescribed medication that works and then having a new doctor tell you they do not like to prescribe that medication or they do not prescribe that medication as a primary way of treating SZ. The medication is Klonopin and I’ve bee prescribed one milligram taken daily and I’ve been able to be in relationships, and work as a Truck Driver. I can only guess that due to the addictive nature of this benzo, due to the addiction epidemic in this country and dangers of mixing alcohol and opiates resulting in death - that these are the reasons they have bias against it - I take it as prescribed and am able to live a decent life - my life isn’t great but considering everything it is pretty good. Who do I turn to for help with the medical field will not? Trying to see a pyschiatrist is a joke cause if you actually find one that is accepting new patients the wait time is months - In the mean time I need to look for a job I lost after signing a lease I now cannot afford and my girl friend has decided to leave me due to my irritability after the disuse of klonopin. I’m scared I’ll wind up dead on the street and of course no one will care - Do please help. Who can I turn to for help? The police cold likely respond but from watching media that seems like a horrible idea since they shoot the mentally ILL - Should I go to the emergency room? The support and care is dismal for many of us - one only needs to go to California to see the misery in the homeless sections there. If I die then that is not fair to my family and friends.

I see that you have a bunch of stressors.

You could try the emergency room. They are required to see you. The police probably will not help you,and are pretty unlikely to shoot you.
Some cities have non profit agencies or crisis hotlines.
There may be other medicines or supplements that might replace klonopin.
Good luck.

good news! I found a shrink that believes klonopin is okay for me. I mean if it’s not broke…

1 Like