Schizophrenia.com

Mean voices

Do you think people sense our vulnerability and attack us because of that? Sometimes I wonder if I hear mean voices because of all of those that have put me down.

3 Likes

Sometimes I wonder did the negative voices and mean voices come from my Mother. She seemed so mean growing up.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ines!

I think you are correct, people can sense if someone is vulnerable, however, I’m not sure if that is why you hear mean voices, is because you’re vulnerable, although, it’s a possibility.

Self esteem could cause the schizophrenia to attack you, if your self esteem is low.

You could work with a therapist on your self esteem and vulnerability, to try and change the voices to nice voices.

2 Likes

I do think I was/am vulnerable to others, and they somehow sense it, and pounce.

I wonder the same thing.

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. It is a great place. :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Yes we have been selected for schizophrenia by the higher ups precisely because we are sensitive and vulnerable. No one would believe if a strong hard person got it

2 Likes

Welcome. This forum is a cult. Jk :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! Happy to find others who seem to get it. :slightly_smiling_face:
I get what you mean with low self esteem. It becomes like a vicious circle I guess but I just hate how those kind of people really can set you back and affect what you hear.

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

I have terribly mean voices when I have them (my main problem is delusion) and I wonder if it’s because I was abused in a relationship. I don’t know

2 Likes

Thats what I thought before being diagnosed and put on meds but not anymore since being psychosis free. Truth is its sz, a messed up brain that needs meds.

1 Like