Schizophrenia.com

Me leaving the farm

Feeling really nervous about selling some of my prized heifers. I think I will feel really guilty when they are gone

1 Like

Hey gotta make the money some how…:no_mouth: how many cows do ya have??

1 Like

I have 18 now. Selling four heifers a cow and a bull this weekend. I’m pretty close to one of my heifers, I bottle fed her when she was a calf and raised her, I think I will feel really guilty about it. My plan is to sell all my cows and just keep three elderly cows just because they deserve to live out their lives here

You don’t want to have new ones anymore?

1 Like

I’m taking a two year break from farming to see if I can find a job. I will buy new ones when I return to it…if I even do I’m not sure I will. This is the hardest part here selling my animals I don’t want to go through this again

1 Like

Can’t you look for jobs while still taking care of the cows, so you have some reliable income while job hunting?

1 Like

I get 219 euro a week from taking care of my sister. Really I shouldn’t be farming while claiming this welfare. I’m allowed to work for two days a week while getting this payment, right now the way I farm it dosent make enough to justify keeping doing it, I prefer low numbers of animals for the stress of it and it just dosent make as much money As if you had more.

1 Like

Sitting here thinking of the kanturk murders in cork, and have my suspicions the IRA or somebody implanted these thoughts into those peoples minds as an experiment. It’s either that or the land poisoned their minds and drove them toe murder, land does terrible things to people makes them only see one thing, which is a miserable life without it. They don’t realise they are living a miserable life coveting it or being jealous of whoever gets it. They should let it go, I should let it go. I don’t want my life to be all about land it’s not what I was thinking about when I was younger and I was very happy so I know I can live without it and be happy, I choose to be happy