Maybe vitamins make some difference

To cut a long story short. I felt I was being tortured everyday for about 6 hours. Then last night I took a low powered multivitamin, and today I no longer feel like I’m being tortured.

I say low powered as it had just 100% rda of all the vitamins.

I’m confused, but not complaining.

I was about to ask for a med increase, but if this keeps up, then I won’t.

4 Likes

Well if that’s the case I’m going to the chemist
I’ll try anything

1 Like

Try to get one without iron. I think the iron can build up in your system.

I use this :

http://eu.m.iherb.com/nature-made-multi-for-him-no-iron-90-tablets/40396

It has no iron, and no mega dosing (just 100% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamins)

2 Likes

I believe anything that is good for overall health is helpful.

1 Like

I stopped taking my Multi Vitamin because they didn’t hand out Supplements in the Hospital.

I think that I’m going to start taking my Multi Vitamin again.

3 Likes

Another thing I’m going get is lavender oil for relaxation

2 Likes

I recently bought a multivitamin that also balances blood sugar. I don’t know if I have a problem with blood sugar, I get my blood test on Monday, but there’s the increased risk because of the antipsychotic so I thought I would get it all the same.

1 Like

Yes, a blood test caught the fact that abilify had raised my blood sugar too. It’s no big deal, I just take metformin to lower it, which doesn’t have any side effects for me. Good luck with the blood test.

2 Likes

Probably placebo my dear.

1 Like

Definitely not placebo! :smile:

Numerous sources of information popping up nowadays saying multivitamins don’t really do anything, most of the stuff they give you you only need a very small amount of and is already in your diet…there’s one source but it’s all over the place.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/news/20131216/experts-dont-waste-your-money-on-multivitamins

I take vitamins; I do well.

J.

@anna, I don’t care if it’s voodoo to be honest. All I know is weeks of torture has stopped.

1 Like

I remember you mentioned before you got a strange sensation and then suddenly you’d been feeling better than you had in ages? How did that end up working for you?

Enough with the hoodoo and start adjusting those meds :frowning:

1 Like

Yes it’s true that vitamin absorption is not 100% but there are good vitamin brands that are making better vitamins.

I haven’t had much sun this winter and was feeling really down last night, I remembered I had a high quality vitamin d supplement, took it, and felt significantly better. No placebo.

3 Likes

Multivitamins are good for peace of mind. Not sure they do much though physically

1 Like

I took some vitamin C, and I think it helped me with this killer cold I had. I’m going to start taking vitamin C every winter.

2 Likes

They never really helped me. :slight_frown:
I guess its because I took them while being psychotic in hopes of stabilizing too.
I have bad associations with it.
Nonetheless, I feel as though I should get back on them!

1 Like

Well, day 2, and no painful torture. Whether it’s placebo or voodoo or hoodoo I don’t care.

Maybe abilify depletes some minerals or vitamins for me.

I had previously noticed that taking a bcomplex stopped abilify induced hunger pangs.

I’m a big believer in good health and supplementation with vitamins. I used to be incredibly healthy and fit. I’ve tried all kinds of vitamins and homeopathic remedies and I do believe that they can help. Unfortunately there isn’t anything strong enough to actually prevent an episode but maybe you have a vitamin deficiency @evethopeful.
Have you had all of your blood levels checked? I was told that a buildup of copper in your body can cause psychotic symptoms. Good to know that the vitamins are helping you.

1 Like