Maybe I don’t have schizophrenia at all?!

I’m off Aripiprazole for 6 days now. I feel fine. But I’m still taking Quetiapine 800 mg

So I don’t know what’s gonna happen to me next.

Maybe I don’t have schizophrenia at all?!

when I am stable I feel i dont have schizophrenia anymore. but then voices come again and I remember the reason why I am taking meds. i tend to forget.

2 Likes

Aripiprazole takes a long time to completely clear out of your system.
Don’t screw with your meds, take them as prescribed.

When I went off aripiprazole, I thought I was doing fine… Until I wasn’t.
Landed me a ticket to the psych ward.

5 Likes

Just feeling good off of meds doesn’t mean you don’t have schizophrenia. You need to be careful when going off your meds of having a mentality like this, as it can lead to relapse if you get convinced you don’t ever need your meds.

4 Likes

Agree with the two previous posts, also…

You’re not nearly off meds. 800 mg Seroquel is a lot. It’s completely normal to need a lower maintenance dose when you’ve been doing fine for a while, so maybe the Seroquel is enough.

2 Likes

The medicine is still in your system. I felt better off meds for a couple months, then I usually relapse.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I said. 800mg of Quetiapine is heaps.

1 Like

When I’m feeling good I frequently think the same thing. Don’t fall for it! Take your meds as prescribed so you don’t relapse please. Take good care of yourself.

aripiprazole is a partial agonist while quetiapine is an antagonist. taking them together, its possible seroquel simply antagonised the dopamine from the aripiprazole since seroquel was at maximum dose. so when it comes to dopamine it might be like you were just taking seroquel. of course these drugs hit many different neurotransmitters, so you are bound to feel changes when you stop or start any one of them. it also depends on when you took each medication. so you might not experience withdrawal because of that. you are on the maximum recommended quetiapine dose too. i think you might experience some changes in the way you feel, but im not sure they will be withdrawal.

I thought I was doing great while I was on abilify, so I went off it. Then, after a week or two of feeling fine, ended up in the hospital for the next year crazy as ever.

800mg Seroquel is a high dose. Stay on it. Maybe you’re going to be okay with a maintenance dose of just that, but that’s far from “I’m fine without meds I’m not sz” territory.

2 Likes

Dude, schizophrenia is just a series of symptoms that are common in the disease. More neither. There is a very wide spectrum of variation of schizophrenia. Some people are living with psychotic symptoms but have never had any help and life is just as reasonable.

But if you were in care because you couldn’t managed it yourself, I would not take unnecessary risks and listen to the proffesionals.

1 Like

Quetiapine is an anti-psychotic, so its still influencing your symptoms, so how could you know?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.