Maybe I can take workshops

I can cut down the costs if I wanted to take a class in the future. I’m not a degree seeking student. I’ve learned a lot from a great professor. And got my confidence back about being in a class. I doubt you’d get as good teachers at a writing workshop as you do at the community college . But you’ll have probably even more interested people to collaborate with.

3 Likes

What field currently interests you Jon ?

I have taken some online introductory classes on edx.org about psychology and (gulp) rocket science :grin: An enriching experience indeed!

1 Like

Nothing in particular so much as interaction with creative people. I’m in a class right now I really enjoy the teachers lectures she’s really smart and insightful and helpful. Just the real life environment appeals to me but I’m sure I’ll pick up some reading material soon !

2 Likes

I totally get what you mean. I took a couple welding classes and the best part was working with the other students to make something cool and influence your style. I bet in a writing workshop you get all kinds of people and styles to work with, I say go for it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.