Maybe he's right

I think that Budda is right when he says" the root of all suffering is attachment" I look at my life and am convinced of it.

To me, the phrasing of that statement is very vague.

Like, what kind of attachments are we talking about here?

I believe healthy mutual attachments to others is a good thing, and can enrich our lives in many ways.

However, attachments to material possessions not so much.

I think it all depends on how you look at it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

For me it’s everyone and everything. I have lots of love one’s and I suffer when I miss them and worry that I’m going to loose them. I’m sure my mental illness has something to do with it.

1 Like

I see… Yea I have those worries too, @Natron.

What helps me is to look at those attachments in a positive light, like I’m so happy these people are in my life right now, and focus on that fact.

Change is the only constant, as they say, so maybe focus on the now and not the “what ifs”.

Hope this helps some :sunflower:

1 Like

i do agree with this too.

i remember being interested in reading up about attachment too, in the buddhist sense. n what i came across was that attachment in the form of being attached to someone in a way where you expect them to remain like that is what is the cause of the suffering. instead i have to accept that people change all the time for better or for worse.

attachment in the sense of appreciating people however is a beautiful thing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.