May switch primary care doctors

The doctor I saw April 7th is ok, but he hasn’t filled yet on my insurance, and the billing clerk is out for a week.

I called the office of the nurse practitioner I was seeing before he quit the practice. They aren’t taking new patients but referred me to another group practice. I checked their website, and they sound good for me as they deal with senior care and mental health.

I made an appointment with them, but the only problem is they only see new patients 1pm to 3pm, and I got an appointment for 1:10pm. I don’t know if my case manager will be able to take me as I think she does lunch from noon to 1:00. I’m waiting to hear from her.

I’m going to wait until June 1st to see if my old doctor gets my billing straightened out.

2 Likes

Cool.
Hopefully everything turns out ok.

1 Like

Your case manager takes you to see your primary dr? Where I go, you have to get rides through Medicaid if you have Medicaid. If you don’t have Medicaid, you’re on your own.

Yes, my case manager does. I’m only on Medicare, not Medicaid. My problem was solved this morning. They changed the passenger limit on the public buses from the Covid19 limit of 10 to 25. I can now take the bus. There was a problem with the buses going home. One would come by, and they would already have 10 people on board, so you couldn’t take it.

1 Like

That’s great. You have a very kind case manager. I’m glad it worked out

1 Like

The is the clinic I was referred to and what they do:

Comprehensive Services

Acute illness
Adult wellness exams
Autoimmune diseases
Cancer
Diabetes
Diagnosis of new medical illness
Expertise in aging medicine & geriatrics
Heart disease
Heart failure
Hypertension
Immunizations & preventative screening for health care maintenance
Kidney disease
Management of adults with complex existing medical conditions & medications
Osteoporosis
Pre-operative evaluation & management
Post-hospitalization care
Chronic disease treatment & management
Memory care
Mental health
Senior care

1 Like

My health conditions:

Mixed hyperlipidemia
High blood pressure disorder
Type 2 diabetes mellitus, without long-term current use
of insulin
Emphysema
Enlarged prostate
Acid reflux disease
Mental health problem
Degenerative joint disease of lower leg
Obesity (BMI 30-39.9)
Low back pain radiating to left leg
Arthritis of left hip
Erectile dysfunction

My old doctor’s office:

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.