Maternal Consumption of Seafood (high omega 3 fish) in Pregnancy Improves Child Neuropsychological Development

Overall, consumption of seafood (fish) above the recommended limit of 340 g/week was associated with 10-g/week increments in neuropsychological scores.

By subtype, in addition to lean fish, consumption of large fatty fish showed a positive association; offspring of persons within the highest quantile (>238 g/week) had an adjusted increase of 2.29 points in McCarthy general cognitive score (95% confidence interval: 0.42, 4.16)

2 Likes

If you’re a woman and soon to be pregnant or already pregnant - definitely eat salmon and other high omega 3 fish. (but avoid mercury-rich fish like Tuna).

I live on Cape Cod, but a lot of the fish is fished out.

My girlfriend went to the regular grocery store yesterday and came home with a nice piece of fresh cod. Except it didn’t look like cod to me. And it didn’t cook like cod or taste like cod.

Just saying.

Jayster

Ocean’s dying, plankton’s dying… it’s people. The cod is made out of people. They’re making our food out of people. Next thing they’ll be breeding us like cattle for food. You’ve gotta tell them. You’ve gotta tell them!

1 Like

Lol. For those of you who are too young to know, that is a reference to an old movie called 'Soylent Green." It was made before I was born. Funny, Malvok.