Martial arts training

Ive been regaining the desire to go back to muay thai training lately. Especially now that its becoming winter here since i have hyperhydrosis and sweat like crazy at the drop of a hat. Wish i had the money for it. I guess its just another reason to add to the list to get another job. Any of you peeps do any fighting training or working out? I didnt do it for that long so i still am a beginner. But it was great when i was doing it. Think it was about a year and a half ago since i last went.

7 Likes

Why donā€™t you go? Is it that expensive?

1 Like

I wrestled in high school

1 Like

Its not insanely expensive but i cant even afford to eat regularly at the moment without borrowing money for food every fortnight. With rent and bills and whatnot, being on centrelink payments.

3 Likes

Ok, I understand. That sucks man. Hopefully youā€™ll get some money soon.

When I was poor I was on fasting diet and I only ate three meals a day. Try to get some protein. Eggs are cheap. Try to buy some cheap steaks in bulk if you can. I bought a lot of cheap meat that I put in the freezer.

I would train Muay Thai too but I get anxiety when sparring.

1 Like

You should set up a GoFundMe schizophrenic requires Muay Thai classes
It would benefit your mental health

2 Likes

@FreeLunch good idea but i cant help but giggle at that title of the gofundme. Some people would be like ā€œim not helping a schizophrenic be more dangerousā€ lol.

4 Likes

Heck yeah, man. I do Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai, Filipino Kali, and a few others. My uncle is a tenth degree black belt in many of these, and he teaches a class in my town. Iā€™m still just a yellow belt, but thats because Iā€™m off and on with the class. I plan on going again when my friend can. Weā€™ll be training partners. Luckily for family members, its free to be in the class.

3 Likes

Your lucky man you should tak advantage of that

1 Like

@John_Raven nice! Thats a decent amount of arts! Lucky you are family then haha.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean its only like 10 bucks a class for everyone else, but its still nice to have it for free. He actually learned under one of Bruce Leeā€™s original students for Jeet Kune Do and a few others.

1 Like

I am looking into a new hobby. Iā€™ve looked into all sorts of things - boxing, dancing, walking, climbing.

Also martial arts. Tried aikido. But I was supposed to kneel/prostrate before a photo of a teacher. And will not. I do not want to join, but refuse to do their rituals, that is awkward. I saw a sword-fighting course too, with a lot of attention to traditional values and discipline and old traditions of my country.

1 Like

Sword fighting? How cool. What country is that if you dont mind me asking? Just to get a picture in my head of the kinds of swords and values and stuff.

1 Like

Muay Thai is the best idea so far, and it would actually work in a real fight if one should happen to arise. A lot of the other martial arts are flashy and cool looking, but MMA has kind of made them obsolete. Plus, kicking those heavy bags gives you a great cardio workout.

1 Like

Yes it seemed real cool. Iā€™m Dutch.

1 Like

Not sure yet. I always like boys-things. But I want to get to know more female friends. Not sure how many women are in the nerdy medieval sword-fighting club. For some reason I like different things. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Nice. My ancestors on my mothers side came from latvia in the baltic region. So kind of close to the dutch people in a way haha. Not sure if european people think other european nationalities are similar to them though. But in australia where i live theyre all basically just all lumped into the ā€˜whiteā€™ category. But i feel that there is a lot of diverse culture throughout europe at different ends.

1 Like

Im sure there are at least some chicks that do it. Unless its one of those toxic environments where the guys feel threatened by possibly losing to a lass.

1 Like

Ah nice! I think most Europeans feel there is a very diverse culture in different countries here. Most here wouldnā€™t lump them together, but rather feel they have a distinct national identity. Even for example Dutch/Belgian/German people, which are the closest to each other, have a somewhat different culture and social rules. The difference with for example Southern or Eastern Europe is even more pronounced. @jonathan2, what do you think?

1 Like

I hope not. That will quickly chase me away.