Schizophrenia.com

Martial arts increase oxytocin production

2 Likes

I did karate as a teenager and liked it. I always was a bit weird but the routine and structure really helped me. I think that could be a key. Routine and structure. Martial arts are very structured with kata’s and stuff.

1 Like

Exercise does seem to be beneficial . My problem is finding an exercise that is not too affected by my poor coordination . There is no way I could cope with martial arts .

2 Likes

Mate. I still play competitive cricket with poor eyesight and a good bit of learned co-ordination. I learned from endlessly doing it and I’m not too bad. Lot’s is muscle memory and just doing it. Lot’s is mental discipline…that is sadly lacking sometimes but when I can put it together I go all right!

Martial arts isn’t so stressful but it does involve some muscle memory. I think you’d be surprised if you tried it. I found it good for my co-ordination. As a child I had troubles with that for sure…

2 Likes

I think people will find any excuse to NOT do something. I think you have to WANT to better yourself, or you’ll make up excuse after excuse.

You have to desire change.

1 Like

I’d be OK in an environment where my poor co-ordination wasn’t seen as something for people to get angry/impatient with me for/ridicule me for . It’s way past time that people should realise that some of us genuinely struggle with such things , and it’s not just some excuse.

If you’ve ever been bullied/had peer rejection as a child/teenager because you were not good at sport you 'd understand why a person subjected to such a thing would be wary .