Marians housekeeping project

I am 1000% with you on the feel of dishes. I have become sensitive to that stuff and the feel of meat if I’m separating/freezing. Husband handles it, and it works out well because I’d rather do laundry and he prefers dishes to laundry.

1 Like

Haha that sounds like a great solution, maybe I need a husband afterall. For the dishes. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I do.

I just pick one small spot and then next then next. It works. It’s the only way.

4 Likes

Good luck, you got this. Once it’s cleaned your whole mind will feel clearer too

4 Likes

Thanks @Zoe. Think you are right about the clean home, clean mind thing.

I decided to accept I’m mentally challenged in this respect. I just spent my 15 minutes giving myself one tiny little baby task a time. “Put all the glasses and mugs in one corner”. Sit down. “Now collect the plastic stuff in the kitchen and throw it away”. Sit down. “Throw away the food waste”. Sit.

I’m laughing about myself.

People: “oh you are smart, I want your mind.”
Me: “you sure? Come sit at my house and watch me do dishes first.”

2 Likes

Hey if it works 4 you, then it’s the right method. Aps can make normal tasks exhausting so to break the cleaning into manageable chunks is smart. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hey @Happy_H, how is the pet project going?

I just had a visit from the social worker. We cleaned and re-arranged the living room, cleaned the floors, did the dishes, partly cleaned the oven. Proud. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m so happy for you! I’m glad you got help and were able to get things done.

I ended up having an afternoon appointment that I forgot about, but thankfully they called. That took a surprisingly long time, then we came back home to get my daughter to go to the fabric store. Once we got there, they were closed! It was around 5pm when we arrived. Anyhow, by the time we got home I was so tired that I slept for quite a while. Got up, made sure the pets had enough food and water for the night, then went back to bed.

So today is a new day to try and get things done. I’m planning for everything from yesterday but adding in the fabric store. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey @Happy_H, I hope your pets are well-groomed and cleaned now? :slight_smile:

My kitchen still isn’t. It is a bit better. But I need to work on it more. Today is housekeeping day…so I’ll spam the forum with the tasks I did. Sorry for that. But it really helps as a reward in my mind. Like a kid getting a sticker for cleaning his room.

2 Likes

Okay. Toilet cleaned. Cleaned mess out of the hallway. First round of most superificial cleaning in the living room. Watered my plants and my outdoor tree. Sorted out a bag of old clothes. Turned on washing machine. :partying_face:

Cleaning goes well today.

4 Likes

Good job sticking with this and best of luck

1 Like

You’re still doing it and haven’t given up. Good job! Just keep doing buts at a time and you’ll get there

1 Like

Thanks @hiero, @CoCo.

Had a chat in the coffeebar. To reward myself. Groceries. Now back to work.

2 Likes

@anon21280033 Yep! Pets are clean!!! I can’t say that for the rest of the house lol. I’ll get there. I hope you’re doing well this morning.

2 Likes

Yay. Good. Haha, now all the rest still.

My morning sucked. I was sad and angry. But luckily it’s evening here now. And I cleared up. Quite a good balance between housekeeping and socializing today. And feeling relaxed and joyful. How about you?

3 Likes

Well, I had an awesome day. I’ve been meaning to go to Joann fabrics for a while with my daughter, and we went today! Alas, I killed my knees in the process. Too much standing while they cut fabric. So now, I’m in the car while hubby and daughter run in and grab our early dinner. Now I need to get my sewing area set up! Also, I got some clothes and such delivered that I need to put up in my room.

1 Like
  • Cleaned my kitchen superficially - dishes, counter, floor. (Aaaand…kid baked a cake and made it all dirty again… :-)).
  • Sorting out a shitload of clothes, towels, etc. Mine and kid’s. I can bring them away to be washed. It is offered for free, and I get them back cleaned and ironed. Being ill has its advantages. :sunglasses:
  • Did two laundries.
  • Did groceries.
  • Cleaned the living room and cleaned the floors.
3 Likes

My kitchen and living room are shiny. :smiley: Superficially at least, the insides of cupboards and all, are the next phase.

And all my laundry is clean and folded. Tomorrow I will clean up my little extra room, and start putting back the laundry in my closet.

I stopped trying to change things I cannot change. And started working on things like these. Im content. And a bit proud too.

4 Likes

Good work! I struggle with getting my vacuuming done and with clutter.

1 Like

Yes, me too. I have a great help now though. We are working on the house. I’m happy. Is there anyone or anything that helps you?