Manufacturers struggle to keep pace with vinyl record demand

6 Likes

Yeah, I notice this all the time with my local online marketplace. Things will be available for a little while then they are suddenly out of stock and stay out of stock indefinitly.

Some albums seem to be more available than others though. Like stone cold classic albums from big time artists from for example Pink Floyd or Eric Clapton are easier to aquire.

2 Likes

I think the resurgence started here in the Uk, I jumped in and started buying some from 2014, I have over 100 modern vinyl records,

We are lucky though bc there was a factory that had lots of new vinyl making machines ready to go, cant remember which country it was in but they’ll be making a fortune with this & its great for the artists :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I noticed that the prices are going up. Especially on rock albums. I want to start collecting rock music but don’t think I can afford it.

Yes, when streaming services became available many artists were taken away their livelihood for the most part. It’s good to be able to support artists for real. Although I buy most of my records second hand.

2 Likes

I have some modern cassette tapes as well, i like them as well. Havent bought mych for a while though.

Here is a couple of snaps of my cassettes and vinyl

4 Likes

You need to get organized!

1 Like

I kind of need to go through my collection and swap out some albums bc some of them I don’t even like.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve taken chances on albums on many occasions at the second hand record shop. But usually if I have bought it there I am allowed to swap it in. Their cut is about 45%. So I get a little over half the value back.

2 Likes

I need to find a place I can trust where I can swap my albums and get a good deal, I worry about being conned all the time.

2 Likes

Yeah. Well…I guess some albums are possible to sell online and get full value back, like modern albums or rare albums. If you live in a big city you might find buyers there so you don’t even need to ship it.

Mid range stuff is better to swap because it’s hard to find buyers for it.

2 Likes

I cant even remember most of the albums I have lol

2 Likes

Same here. Although I do remember most of the artists I have albums of. Takes a while to get aquainted to a album.

There’s something peaceful about listening to a complete album in the right order as opposed to switching songs on a streaming service.

1 Like

very true, I kind of think the artists scheduled it that way for a reason,

Some of my Vinyl though i dont even remember buying it or know who or what it is, some times i just bought it bc i was taking a chance but then i cant remember it now lol

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely. The order of songs has a meaning. Maybe not so much on all albums, but on some albums I feel the track order makes the album.

Hehe, well, it’s fun to take a chance on things. I usually remember the albums I really enjoy listening to. Albums that don’t quite ressonate with me I tend to not remember. Occasionally I will have to sort out albums that I don’t remember and listen to them to see if it’s something I want to keep or not. Usually not remembering them is a bad sign for me.

1 Like

i was just doing it to get out mostly and i like music but i didnt always listen to the album first before buying it, some times i just listened to one song but some times i bought blind, cant listen to them in the record shop.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. Have something to do. I might go to a record shop and browse for like 1-2 hours. I’ve bought blind on several occasions. Sometimes it’s a total flop, but I have also discovered quite a few artists I really enjoy this way.

1 Like

I’m a bit out of date even though I’m on the radio, I play songs now and forget a lot of them,

I use to say a bit about the artist or the band on my Radio shows but now I just state the Song title and artist (its very lazy of me but I try and keep it brief) I figured that the person listening can do their own research if they liked a song enough,

I’ve played vinyl on my radio show, I wonder if I can play my records through my Dac/Amp & if it will make the sound quality any better.

1 Like

My pal just told me that my settings were not good and he boosted my headphone sound quality to 96000khz but he said i can get better sound if i use the phono-Jack cables so looking forward to that and maybe i can get even better sound out of my Record player.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.