Mania or OCD?

So, I have been spastically cleaning… Not only my own house, but everyone else’s as well. I am just not able to handle messiness right now! I have been hyper, but, not like my usual manic hyper… Although I have needed less sleep. I don’t know… Should I even care? I am sorely tempted to go to my mother’s to clean, as my house can’t get cleaner. I don’t know what to think. I have been waking at 6 am to clean…

Wish I had some of your energy today @samples32 - i have zero energy today, kind of on the down side of things.
Maybe your new med is helping some and allowing for that energy to appear.
As long as it is not out of control - I would be satisfied with it - beats lying around the house doing not much of anything

2 Likes

I am happy about it. It’s stayed the same for 4 days, I am just worried about escalating. I am sleeping though, very well actually. Maybe I am just okay!

3 Likes

Can you come to my place? I have a mountain of clutter in a corner + cobwebs.

3 Likes

I’m in the cobweb club too. Yay!

Cleaning isn’t so bad. I hope it stays positive for you.

1 Like

I go through this OCD/Manic cleaning mode or at least use to. Awake and just cleaning 48 hours or so. Like you I don’t seem to mind although sort of a problem getting my sleep schedule right. I also get all my paperwork and seem to get very organised getting on top of things I’ve put off due to depression or withdrawal. Seems to be how I’m controlling my manic moods. So less adventures, more organised.

1 Like

My sister-in-law has been doing that for more than 50 years. She and her husband are two peas in a pod. To give an idea, she mops the floors every day, cleans the rest of the house every day, and in the summer time they wash their cars every day and wash down their driveway, mow their lawn 3 or 4 times a week.

I wouldn’t worry about what to call it, but the abrupt change in your mood and behavior would lead me to be cautious if not suspicious that your system is out of whack.

1 Like

I am on new medication, so, I can hazard a guess as to WHY the change.

1 Like

Yeah but still you need to be careful and watchful. Not everyone will have all the symptoms. Sleep wasn’t one of them for me and they still said I was slightly manic.

1 Like