Mania advice

I believe I am starting to experience hypomania. I am DX’d bipolar with psychotic features.

I meet with my psychiatrist this week and I’m not sure how to handle it. I was in a rut for what felt like years. Now I’m finally feeling well. Life is enjoyable. At the same time I talk too much and can get irritated and argumentative easily.

I’m worried that being too open with him will lead to a med change that could put me back in a depressive hole :worried:

Any advice on how to approach this?

3 Likes

Update: Told my psychiatrist about it. We are lowering my Effexor dose and taking it from there :+1:

3 Likes

How much Effexor do you take?

1 Like

I am on 150mg atm, XR

1 Like

Yes, me too, but it feels like it is not making any difference, just being hooked on it…
I take Lamictal 200 mg plus…

1 Like

what does effexor do i have never taken it…does it calm people down because im sick of highs and lows of mania and abilify doesnt seem to control it much

1 Like

Sry to hear that. I am also on lamictal, 150mg.

You can go up to 300mg lamictal I think. Maybe talk to your doctor about trying a new antidepressant too. Hope u feel better

1 Like

It is mainly for depression and social anxiety. It isn’t a mood stabilizer.

1 Like

does it work? im going thru moments where i feel like cryng but cant/depression i have no will to get out of bed, no motivation but i dont feel sad…i just dont feel anything at all and im always anxious around people i cant control it. thats why Im always alone.

I dont even remember what normal is supppsed to feel like…I really want to be somewhere in a level playing field.

Yes, it has helped with my social anxiety tremendously. Also a little bit with my depression but I still had lows on it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.