Managing the comorbidity of schizophrenia and ADHD

Yes, if it is gradual, it is not usually treated early. More time for the disease to destroy the brain.

If it happens in a wild burst, then you get treatment early. Treatment should be started as early as possible.

2 Likes

That makes me hella worried about my prognosis. I am dx sza. My positives are all gone with the injection I take but my negatives are pretty bad.

Also, if you were doing very well before onset, like making As in college, or working in a good position, the outcomes are better according to research.

My situation is not that bad now, I have recovered from the positives, reduced weight in the last 6 months, work and exercise daily.

But, attention/focus issues, memory issues, processing issues…all these things are very much at their peak.

1 Like

Do you have cognitive symptoms?

Yea I am thankful that at least I don’t have any positive symptoms on meds. I guess its worse with them on top of the negatives and cognitive symptoms.

Yes I am having memory issues and trouble processing directions and things like that.

Yes, but Risperidone is not enabling you to take charge of your life.

Did you try Vraylar?

1 Like

My first pdoc who first diagnosed me with psychosis told me psychosis often causes memory and concentration issues.

1 Like

Yeah, then as far as it is true for me, these cognitive symptoms also don’t improve over time.

1 Like

I don’t have a pdoc since Jan 2021. I requested one and I passed a phone interview to assess if my symptoms require a pdoc. They seem to only care about positive symptoms. They said they will call me back for a pdoc apt if I am accepted, its been weeks no call yet.

1 Like

Well, you could either:

a) pay a doctor
b) pretend to have positives. When you get the doctor, you tell him the real issues you are having.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.