Managing Symptoms of "Covid-19"

Have not gotten tested. I have some of the symptoms of incubation or mild case of the virus. I have low Vitamin D levels, so I was already starting a regimen of taking Vitamin D. I also may need immuno-suppressive medication, but it’ll be a month before they will prescribe it after I try the anti-biotics first. I’m kind of stressing out. I have been super careful. My symptoms are extremely mild, would be undetectable. I have only been out a couple of times recently, to the doctors office and to a pawn shop. So I believe I have only had the virus for a couple of days. But I know my body, so I know when something is up. I breathed it in somehow. Even though I wore a mask everywhere I didn’t wash my hands when I came home.

I feel nauseous, a little light-headed, have been having headaches for a few months, and now my taste has completely changed. Everything tastes bad. Like I drank some orange juice and it tasted nasty, I lit a cigarette and had to put it out. This is why I think I have it. I also have chills. The chills are always a sign to me that something is up with my immune system. I got these same types of chills/shivers before I had my first episode of schizophrenia. I also believe schizophrenia episodes might have to do with the immune system and responses to a virus. But idk. It also may be me over-reacting.

I truly hope I am over-reacting. But how would I know? I had what I called “an unusual flu” in January on my birthday. I had all of the symptoms reported of Covid19, including cold chills, body aches at night, nauseous, fatigue, loss of taste, and smell. It lasted for about two and a half weeks. All I did was sleep it off. But it really knocked me out. I feel that if it had been worse that would have been very bad. I had never heard of Covid19 in January so I didn’t self-isolate. I went to restaurant and tried to eat even though I could not taste the fancy meal. I had absolutely no taste. But iI didn’t puke or anything, I could eat food. No idea where or who I got it from.

How do you get tested for it in your area? Can you arrange for a test ?

1 Like

I got tested once. Yes you can get tested or I was able to a few weeks ago. They offer free testing sites in areas where people are able to walk to them, to help the communities who don’t have cars etc. You can get a free test or you could without a reason. Before that it was a lot harder to be tested. I might want to call and ask if I should get a test. But even then, if I am negative I could still have the virus and be false-negative. I was negative in the last test. I guess it would be important to get another test instead of waiting unsure. I have already told my mom that I’m going to self-isolate until I’m sure.

1 Like

my mom and I just got tested today for COVID we should know in a few days whether we have it or not we have had all the symptoms I am feeling better but still am getting cold sweats and my nose is a little stuffy. My Dad tested positive for the virus he had to be taken by squad to the Hospital where he is in Isolation or a COVID Room at the Hospital no visitors allowed we talk to him by phone I tried to visit him a few days ago and was turned away at the door because I have been sick. I hope my mom and I don’t have COVID But its not promising and its possible we have it too. In a few days well know for sure.

just got my results back for the COVID test earlier and I tested positive for the virus my mom and dad also have it. My mom and dad both are in the hospital due to COVID symptoms I just talked to my dad on the phone earlier today and he said he may get to come home tomorrow and he Would call me to come and pick him up once he is discharged I will pull my car up and not go in the hospital since I have COVID and to take him home. Its been hard they aren’t allowed visitors I wouldn’t of been able to visit anyway cause I am positive. But we have been staying in contact over the phone I also talked to my mom who is feeling a little better but still has a bad cough. I am feeling pretty good right now I ate earlier and so far I have kept the food down I was having a fever three to four days ago but its gone now no sweats no sore throat no cough I think I am starting to recover even though its been maybe a week.

2 Likes

Wishing you and your parents well @ImprisonedSpirit1

1 Like

thanks I am feeling great did test positive for COVID But I am recovering from it my mom and dad still have it. It takes my mom months to heal and recover from any Sickness not just COVID. She has so many underlying Health Conditions which make her feel like crap my mom wants to get out of the house or would like to and cant right now she is on quarantine I go off quarantine in a few days the nurse called and let me know That I am good by the 21st or 22nd.

3 Likes

Woa. I’m glad it doesn’t appear to be severe.

2 Likes

its not I am feeling a lot better now been out to the store I always wear a mask and sanitize so I don’t know how I got COVID in the first place unless it happened at the gym where I don’t wear a mask or not required too anyway makes me scared to go back to the gym anytime soon now. My dad lacks in sanitizing his hands all the time don’t think he realizes the serious of COVID.I am also scared going to the grocery store as well too many people there and I don’t like people or crowds in the first place. I tolerant others but don’t like people much or crowds but I sometimes have to go around others it cant be avoided I have to eat and have to go to the store. The gym can wait I will go back eventually but I am scared too now since I don’t know if I caught COVID There or not. Wish this virus would go away and stay far away and Our lives can get back to some type of normal.

2 Likes

Of course, the hope is that once you’ve had the virus and gotten over it, your body has learned how to deal with it from now on.

1 Like

I just had a Covid19 test Thursday after getting sick Tuesday morning. I was fine Monday and went to the doctor’s office on a routine followup. If I test positive, I would consider it a blessing, as I wasn’t all that bad sick. They said 3 or 4 days to get the result. I hoping I’ll hear something Tuesday.

2 Likes

I just got a test today for covid19 over a sore throat. I think its unnecessary but I took some allergy medicine and I feel better. I’ll find out the results in 48 hours. I think I need to be more careful about where I go and the people I come close to/who aren’t wearing masks or aren’t also being mindful. A lot of people aren’t wearing them anymore, not sure if they were effective enough or some people consider themselves above it all/and some think the virus never existed. Some people say its like a flu and some say its worse. I was advised to get a flu shot after I asked. They say it prevents 70 percent of flu strains so must be a strong vaccine. And then people keep dissing that I am on medicaid even though I love it–because I dont pay copays etc. and Im tired of being denied things just because people want to diss medicaid. Im supposed to be fully covered in my state for things that are essential.

2 Likes

people have no regard for others when it comes to this virus I am in line at the store and people are right up on me as if our Lives are normal I mean give me some space you supposed to be 6ft apart from others not right up my butt almost lol. I hated that when there wasn’t a virus outbreak I don’t like people all up on me like that I mean I don’t know you that well so back off if I was to tell them to back up they’d look at me like I was the one that had the problem and might get shot some carry guns but you’re not allowed in some stores to carry guns but wouldn’t surprise me if there were lawbreakers out there itching to shoot someone over something so trivial like wearing your mask and social distancing, Things cant possible get any worse in this world than they are now just my personal opinion. Most people out there are evil and a few good but few in between you have to look hard sometimes for those good people who are real and not fake and good not bad who genuinely care about peoples feelings and don’t get butt hurt when someone tells them off and to back up which I thought about saying to some like I said before people aren’t nice and will shoot you instead of talking they talk with a gun to get their point across its crazy that it comes down to that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.