Man my folks are so techno phobic

Dad doesn’t trust iMessage on the iPad. He prefers emails. I tell him emails are a lot easier to hack into than iMessage.

Background:
I get very desperate in the community. Due to shortcomings in my meds I am often in distress. I reach out for help. My community mental health team can take days to return a call. I have no other professional services to turn to. I have no friends.

So I call my folks. But this upsets them and me. They hate phone calls. But I am so distraught I need to speak to someone. I live alone.

So out of compassion towards my parents I threw away my phones. This way I can’t disturb them. I would prefer to phone them but this isn’t an option. All I ask of them is a route of communication.

They say they are only comfortable with email. I hate email. Emails get hacked all the time. Plus it is so fractured and stutters. Messaging apps are better. But their mobile is ancient and they can’t handle texts.

I have given them two iPads and asked they use the inbuilt messaging app in the operating system. But no they don’t trust this. So I am left unable to communicate with people

2 Likes

I am in the same position. If you ever want to talk to someone in confidence, pm me - only if you want to, the offer is there if you do. Perhaps sharing experiences or just unloading whats bothering you my be an outlet that could help.

2 Likes

Really appreciate that buddy. I will do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.