Madly in love

Yup. Shredded her marriage in '77, then mine in '92. Spouses got hurt. Kids got hurt. We got hurt. Lots of nasty effects lingering to this day.

But, of course, it wasn’t “love” at all. It was just excitement addiction.

From where does a jealousy come @notmoses ? Is that a culturally induced or somehow a ‘natural’ need for possession?
I had a pretty rough jelly drama last night.

There is probably some natural level of jealousy that keeps people fighting for mates… logically they reproduced more.

A competitive materialist society where people are measured by their possessions does a lot to reinforce it.

Human natural is a very flexible thing. Unfortunately this world really only empowers the most basic and primitive understanding of human nature. Selfishness and selfentitledness embracing ones emotions as rational feelings…

Humanity is ■■■■■■■ stupid. Wisdom is not only withheld but discouraged by the mass of sheeple.

The telepathic exchange I was having last night, centered around my friends finding a picture of a girl that one of the other friends had been speaking with. Well They were all jealous. “There is no way he’s been railing this, etc, etc, etc.”

The telepathic exchange was like.
It’s just human nature.
You guys just embrace that?
Yeah why? You don’t?
Why would I want to feel jealous?
We just do.

Man these guys are my friends. I know the telepathy isn’t real but it is kind of my best guess as to how they think about these matters. I just think that 90% of human nature is childish and self sabotaging, potentially painful and confusing.

Holy ■■■■ to I hate the nature of people. I’m really done. I’m just going to disconnect from society.

You could just talk to them…instead of telepathy?
He’s been violent last night. Well i guess that’s what you get if you ask for it.

Who has been violent?

The consensus among those I agree with (because what they observe and report fits what I observe) is that jealousy looks like a combination of fear of abandonment and isolation acquired in early life combined with peer-influence toward common (and crass) cultural values. In a single word, then, you nailed it: possession.

Possession of another human being may seem to be an utterly ridiculous idea when one stops and thinks about it… but hardly anyone does (unless they go to Co-Dependents Anonymous or better Alanon meetings) ('cause not all Alanon are “better”).

1 Like

So it can be cured?
It’s so stupid because of his jealousy i have no space for my jealousy. : )

In very rare cases it can be cured, but if he is getting violent, it is unlikely that will change. And if it does change, it won’t happen until he absolutely has to. If you stick around anyways, he won’t see a need to change, because he already found someone willing to put up with his ■■■■■■■■.

I was madly in love once. It was awful and euphoric, and made my life an absolute mess. I have real love now, and it doesn’t send my emotions into overdrive. It’s a quiet understanding that I would do anything for him and he would never take advantage of that fact.

1 Like

Thanks @cj9556
That was a great advice.

I was always envious of the people in stabile relationships.

yay X-files are back.
I’ve had a lonely summer, i guess you could say i have a few friends that are girls and i do see them alot but this summer I’ve experienced a dull sort of reality where i say love can be dangrous even this morning i was laying in bed thinking “man relationships are like contracts you hold with a cell company. Signed contracts” which sucks because it really feels like that to me… I have had many relationships and had even more flity friends but love by far was one of the “words with interest”
expensive to the soul and sound mind

1 Like

I considered answering via PM, but because the notion points so directly to the co-dependence that so many of us here on this forum – and so many with mental illness in general – suffer from at or near the core of our “stuff,” I feel a need to respond. (I hope you will forgive me, and understand that thinking like this is what almost all of us do in such a sick cult-ure.)

If I look directly at the situation and ignore the dictated stipulations of the common cult-ure, I can see that my jealousy is my own invention. I walked in the room with it. All “they” do is trigger it. If I stay in a “romantic” “relationship” (???) with someone who is so controlling as to be physically abusive, who should I blame? Him or me?

As i told you, it is me to blame.

I got that from your email. (You might want to check the response to it.) You’re on the right track. Don’t beat yourself up; just observe to notice to recognize to acknowledge to accept to own to appreciate to understand to digest to transcend.

I am madly in love with @mortimermouse :mouse: I think he is really cute and funny. However I think In real life id chop my head off from listening to his school stuff. I would just wear ear plugs, or zone out. My last crush was obsessed with AA and a bit schizo and he would literally listen to AA tapes only and read his AA book everyday and go to two meetings a day. He was militant but selfish and the AA drove me nuts. But AA meetings and the people are cool, I just thought there was other things in life. I tried to show him, but in the end he was in love with AA. so ■■■■ him. God bless :lips:

3 Likes

No I was never madly in love , I love my family , but not madly so. I’ve turned into a person that moves on quickly. While I’m in the moment , I enjoy it , and yeah love it , when its gone though its gone.

Yeah @mortimermouse is a badass :heart_eyes:
what is AA?

1 Like

He would jackhammer us…

Alcoholics Anonymous. It’s a spiritual 12step recovery thing. Google it. You must have it there. I like it, just not obsessively.

Like barkingdog says once…
I’m too young and too European to get that…:slight_smile:

I want to make babies with a schizophrenic woman

I’ve yet to even meet one

I want to eat the whole bag of Doritos

I’ve yet to even think of ruining my diet