Made up my mind to try latuda

I plan on making the switch for two reasons my motivation is low and also I’ve gained 40 pounds on invega and counting

1 Like

I’d like to switch from invega injections to something else but my psychiatrist won’t do it. I’ve gained 40 lbs and now have diabetes, all from Invega. My psychiatrist is an ass! That’s the VA for yaa.

1 Like

Dang that sucks @Natron what dose you on i know I’m luck i finally have a phycatrist that will work with me thank God before I had my share of a hole phycatrist

I gained 60 lbs in 120 days on Zyprexa. Talk to your pdoc about this. Being overweight is a serious health condition.

1 Like

I gained more weight on Latuda than on Abilify. My weight has been about the same on Latuda and Risperdal. Highest weight was on Zyprexa. I had to eat 350 calories min with Latuda and it gave me bad nausea even with food. Also had akathisia and insomnia. I was on 80mg and still had positive symptoms, Dr raised the Latuda to 120mg but the akathisia was too much. Now on 6mg Risperdal, no side effects or positive symptoms.

Negative symptoms were best on Abilify followed by Latuda followed by Risperdal. Latuda was only a tiny bit better for negative symptoms than Risperdal, Abilify was best. I could only exercise and go to the gym on Abilify, not on Latuda or Risperdal.

1 Like

Probably because 6mg Risperdal is a bigger dose than 80mg Latuda. Max risperdal dose is 8mg, max Latuda dose is 160mg.

That was my experience with Latuda but yours might be different as we all have different body brain chemistry.

1 Like