Schizophrenia.com

Made some chili with Peruvian beans and deer meat

Will be done in about an hour. It’s 1500 (3pm) here. It looks good

4 Likes

Oooh, deer meat. I hear it’s super delicious but expensive.

2 Likes

No. My dad shot this deer out the woods. Not expensive.

1 Like

@Loke whereabouts do you live? What’s the most exotic meat your dad has caught ?

1 Like

haha. my old boss at the golf course used to say “the elusive white tail deer” they are all over the place in this part of the country. at our old place they used to come into the yard and eat our landscaping plants.

deer meat is ok. I like deer jerky but it’s a little gamey.

we made deer chili earlier this year. one of my dad’s friends gave him some venison. sounds good.

2 Likes

Is it true deer meat tastes like beef? Or is it more to the gamey side?

1 Like

the stuff I have had is a little more gamey. sometimes people will mix other meats into their deer meat. im no expert, only had it about 5 times and am not a hunter. maybe loke knows more?

1 Like

Waoh your so lucky I cant even afford to cook because my illness never gave the chance to know what cooking is all about.

My dad raised pigs. They’re pretty tasty. @Illvoices @Lifer @Mr.Dre. I live in Appalachia USA. Our deer meat doesn’t taste gamey. Animals have glands near their armpits. If you cut these glands out your meat tastes fine. You really have to add a little salt/pepper to dear meat. Otherwise it doesn’t taste like anything.

2 Likes

Just be careful of chronic wasting disease.

1 Like

Venison is very good. We just had it last week as a meatloaf mixed with dead cow. It was good.

1 Like