Lyrics about voices

There are a lot of rappers I listen to that have lyrics about hearing voices. Some of them are suicideboys, Ramirez, Ghostemane, and Wavy Jones. They are all underground so I don’t expect you guys to know them. They are edgy, dark rappers and I think they think posing as a paranoid schizophrenic in their songs makes them feel more edgy, dark, mysterious, and cool. I don’t really like it because they are glorifying hearing voices like it’s cool when really it sucks. In pop culture there is a popular song called Let You Down by NF that has the lyrics, “All these voices in my head get loud I wish that I could shut them out.” All these music artists are acting like they have voices to sound like a troubled mysterious artist. I think they shouldn’t glorify mental illness like it’s a cool trend to have voices.

3 Likes
2 Likes

There’s Harvey Danger’s ‘Flagpole sitta’ with the following lyrics:
Paranoia, paranoia
Everybody’s coming to get me
Just say you never met me
I’m going underground with the moles digging holes
Hear the voices in my head
I swear to god it sounds like they’re snoring
But if you’re bored then you’re boring
The agony and the irony, they’re killing me

1 Like

Most horrorcore rap artists talk about voices and delusions and what not, guys like Insane Clown Posse and Esham The Unholy.

It’s like how the heavy metal genre talks about religious stuff.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.